How the Financial Crisis Was Built Into the System

Interesting article...Thanks.

I think what Robert is saying is more of a safe bet then anything else. His timeframe is from now till 2020. And I am sure in the next 10 years or so gold will have it's day. But I am not going to invest in gold now if I have to wait till 2018 before it's price sky rockets.

Having said this...obviously he has a better track record in investing then myself so far. So I am going to definitely keep an eye on gold prices and see if and when an uptrend happens. Once I see that will gradually invest in it.

Cheers,
Oracle.

Last year Robert was recommending silver - now it's gold.

And the cashflow from a bar of gold is?......

And the tax advantages from a bar of gold are?.....

And the depreciation from a bar of gold is?.....

And the add-value factor for a bar of gold is?.......

If people want to invest in gold that is their business and the first thing I say is all power and good luck to them.

The 2nd and last thing I say is (as with any investment), go into it with your eyes wide open.

I think what Robert is saying is more of a safe bet then anything else. His timeframe is from now till 2020. And I am sure in the next 10 years or so gold will have it's day.

Gold does have it's days, it's months, it's years and even it's decades.

But it also has it's abysses as well, and they can go on for months, years, decades too.

realgold.gif

Originally posted here.

What that graph says is:

• There are times when Gold is a spectacular investment, but:
  • Gold was a dud investment from 1600 to 1800 inclusive
  • Gold was a dud investment from ~1940 to ~1970
  • Gold was a dud investment from ~1980 to ~2000

They're all significant periods of time.

So if you buy gold remember, it could make your fortune in 5 months, or take you 50 years to break even.

But I am not going to invest in gold now if I have to wait till 2018 before it's price sky rockets.

So I am going to definitely keep an eye on gold prices and see if and when an uptrend happens. Once I see that will gradually invest in it.

In case you hadn't noticed... look at the last 8 years...

gold_price416x310.gif

Taken from here.

I reckon that for every dollar Kiyosaki has made from his investments he's made $100 more talking or writing about his investments.

Last edited:
I reckon that for every dollar Kiyosaki has made from his investments he's made $100 more talking or writing about his investments.

ha ha - so true! it's much easier to talk than do. Punching a bit above his league with that missus tho? maybe it's the gltter of all that gold??

Back