ITWV time (again) !!

Lodge your PAYG withholding variation application 2012 using e-variation from 3 May 2011
In May, we will start processing Pay as you go (PAYG) withholding variation applications for 2011-12. As your PAYG withholding variation may expire on 30 June 2011, you may need to lodge a PAYG withholding variation application for 2011-12.
After 30 April 2011 the current 2010--11 e-variation will no longer be available.
To access e-variation at www.ato.gov.au
• enter 'NAT 2036' in the 'Search for' field
• click on the link to the PAYG withholding variation application (e-variation)
• then follow the prompts.
How long do you have to wait for your variation?
When you lodge your e-variation, you should receive an on-screen message with your reference number. If you do not get this message, the transmission may still have been successful. Do not transmit the e-variation again as this will delay processing.
We will send you an email confirming receipt or your e-variation. If you do not get this email within 72 hours of transmission, please phone 1300 360 221 between 8.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.
In most cases e-variations are processed within 28 days. Please wait 35 days before phoning to check on the progress.
For more information
• visit www.ato.gov.au
• phone 1300 360 221 between 8.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
• email [email protected]
Erin Holland
Deputy Commissioner of Taxation

Right now I would just like to be able to complete an e-variation for 2011.
Link has been down for a week now.
May have to do a manual version instead if it is not sorted out soon.

Right now I would just like to be able to complete an e-variation for 2011.
Link has been down for a week now.
May have to do a manual version instead if it is not sorted out soon.

By the time you lodge it and they process it, then get around to emailing your employer, there won't be many pay cycles left for 2011. Almost easier to wait until June 30 and get the tax relief by way of a return.

Put one in at start of the year but need to adjust it for a recent increase in income that I had not expected.
Do not want to come down on the wrong side of the line and not be able to complete one for 2012.

Thanks Rob. I also received the same advice from ATO via email this morning.

Our 2010 returns are in with James GG as I post. As soon as they're ATO lodged and processed we will be submitting our 2012 ITWV e-applications.

Anyone had any luck downloading the e-variation form? According to the ATO website it will be available from 3rd May (i.e. two days ago)?

I tried to ring the ATO but sick of being on hold.....

Also, if you get your figures slightly wrong and end up owing $1 for the year, does that automatically rule you out of a variation for the next year?

i was the bunny holding. The variation is downloadable, but most workplaces firewalls will block it... (oops)

Id say you might get away with a dollar, but why risk it, better to underestimate and get a bit at the end of the year.

If your loans are variable, do you just take the interest you paid the previous year? If rates go down, thats going to mean a tax debt for some on a variation. I guess the ATO would say you should put the form in again through the year to re adjust. I had to do this once when I changed employers half was through the financial year.

Thanks Tobe and avatar

With interest for the year, I'm paying a little bit of debt down at the moment so have estimated my total debt as at June 2012 and then applied today's interest rate to that amount.

So that's fairly conservative, and should be well below my actual interest expenses if/when interest rates rise in the next 12 months....

has anyone able to do it online for 2012? Didn't work for me

yeah i did it for the first time this yr myself, i use to have my tax agent prepare for me. I had a problem with using firefox for the browser, when i used Internet explorer but it crashed a few times.

Regards,

RH

Just lodged our 2012 ITWV electronically on the ATO website....both of our applications went through fine. No problems incurred and we received our lodgement receipts.

Has everyone else submitted theirs online yet as time will be running out if you want to have them all set up ready to go for the start of the new 2012 financial year?

Looks like the software has a freeze when I try to download the form on my Apple Mac !!
:mad:
looks like I will be paying my accountant to do it.

Back