Jenman article on 'how to save your home'

Am I missing something or does it seem odd that this article is discussed on an investors forum?

To be a real estate investor one would assume that you are not struggling to "save your home" and that you are not experiencing "mortgage trauma" to the point where you want to rent out rooms or move in with mother!

If you are experiencing the above, clearly they need to be sorted before embarking the journey of property investing.

I see this article as being written for the authors target audience who are clearly not financially stable investors.

To be buying properties which is the aim of this forum you need to be 10 steps above the level of the target audience of the "save your home" article both on the financial scale and psychological scale (its all about psychology).

Interesting to see that it has attracted so much intrest from people I least expected :confused:;)

I often like to read articles aimed at home-owners, as they are mostly what drives our investment market so it's a good idea to get inside their head and try to see things from their point of view from time to time.

I see this article as being written for the authors target audience who are clearly not financially stable investors.

To be buying properties which is the aim of this forum you need to be 10 steps above the level of the target audience of the "save your home" article both on the financial scale and psychological scale (its all about psychology).

Interesting to see that it has attracted so much intrest from people I least expected :confused:;)

I agree that you need to be several steps ahead of the crowd Xen, otherwise we would all still be part of it.

However, Neil's messages usually apply to the (financially) uneducated in the buying and selling process.

These are often financially secure people before the transaction, and sometimes end up financially shaky after it - or worse.

While his articles are targeted more at Mr. and Mrs. Thong, investors can still learn from him. A good number of the forumites are starting their investing path, and have little knowledge and lots of passion. This is dangerous, so I think a dose Neil now and then is a good thing.

I look at his site on a regular basis, as well as several other different forms of property related information; just to keep the perspective broad and open.

What concerns me though is how many simply dismiss Neil as a self-serving scaremonger. He isn't. I've been a follower of his for years, read all his books, and have had a few conversations with him via email. Good luck to him if he can make a few dollars along the way.

He is wealthy enough in his own right to not need to do any of what he does.

He genuinely wants to protect consumers in the r/e industry; unfortunately his zeal is a bit grating on people and puts them off.

I have used his knowledge to save us thousands of dollars in property transactions in the past, and have learned to look past his manner and focus on the information.

Back