mobile home

Hey guys,

i been on holidays and seen some mobile homes...

last year i was deciding on weather to build a cheap spec home in backyard of a property i own in penrith area last year and decided i didnt want to pay around $110k-120k for a new brick place.

i was wondering if anyone has had any experience putting a nice little grannyflat/ 2/3 bed mobile home on a block before?? also if you could provide links of any builders with prices etc... thatd be great.

i would be excited to get one built if i can get something completed without any of my labour for under $50k.

thanks,
Nath.

Happy new year.

Just down the road you have HiTech in Bringelly.

I have their price list I can PM to you if you want or call and they will fax/mail it you.

No experience yet, but looking at it.

And don't forget all the other development costs to make it legal... fencing, service connections, driveways and crossings (if required), council fees blah blah blah...

BTW, where would you get a BV home done for $110k :confused:

Thanks for the reply twodogs.

eagle homes have one for $65k its in their budget range + the site fees etc...
i forget the name of the design.
all up around $110k...

would you be able to email me the prices on [email protected]

that would be fantastic.

Thanks for the reply.

Nathan, I would check with Penrith Council to see what is required. My neighbour has a second hand 2 brm mobile home that he had placed there about 4 years ago. It didn't cost much, but the regulations have been severly tightened since he put his in, making the costs much more. That is Blacktown Council.

Thanks for the reply twodogs.

eagle homes have one for $65k its in their budget range + the site fees etc...
i forget the name of the design.
all up around $110k...

would you be able to email me the prices on [email protected]

that would be fantastic.

Thanks for the reply.

I know the Eagle house, but I think the final cost after everything from council to carpets, blinds, landscaping, driveways, car parking, Sydney Water extortion etc would be over $110k. I did a budget for that same house with the above and I stopped counting after $140k ready to rent. Manufactured homes per m are expensive compared to BV homes, but a small BV is not cost efficient to build. For example eagle "fixed" site costs are start at $15k for a $65k house (and there are many potentional costs not included in the $15k. Same $15k for a $250k house. Don't forget BASIX as well, this adds up. Legally, a manufactured home does not need BASIX, but you may have to fight the council over that.

I'd do my project if I could get 2 beds ready to rent for $50k, haven't worked it out yet! I'm doing calculations on 1,2 and 3 bed small and large. Comparing rent to build cost and seeing what is the best ratio.

I'll email PDF tonight.

Sounds like the 'Budgie'!

I love how their homes are named after birds. I look at the catalogue for the parrots and see Monty Python doing a sketch. The $65k house is the Robin 2, one of the budget range.

The Budgie not ironically not a "Budget" home

Links,

BTW, in anyone interested this site has links to many manufactured home companies. There is only 1 in Sydney and their home are a bit dull, but most sites have some really good innovative designs that do not look like a "park home".

Around NSW good ones are

Parkwood

Timberline

And this SA is good too

AllSteel

Reactions: BV
hahahaha

yes budgie special, its like a 3 bedder willmot style home, but built in 2008. its very basic, but does the job.

the basic requirement is very interesting.

i have been told i should be able to get it passed by council due to block specs.

thanks for all your replys and help on this one, i knew my mates here would be able to point me in the right direction.

i will keep you al posted as o the outcome, but pretty set on getting a kit erected onsite due to lower setup costs and decent rent it should fetch, i would think a nice new 2 bedder should get me $250pw easy. so on a $50k build @ 6% 190pw i should pocket :) + a decent reval from the bank...

parkwood, there the buggers...

i saw them on weekend looked nice, that wat got me thinking... i just want it done easily and not having to do any hard work myself, sick of doing all that stuff.

im thinking just a plain jane 2 bedder getting dumped onsite will do me nicely...

hahahaha

i will keep you al posted as o the outcome, but pretty set on getting a kit erected onsite due to lower setup costs and decent rent it should fetch, i would think a nice new 2 bedder should get me $250pw easy. so on a $50k build @ 6% 190pw i should pocket :) + a decent reval from the bank...

If you can getting it renting (legally) at $50k, we would all love to see the numbers. Kit homes are another direction so let us know how it all goes!

My project is for yield only. I would not expect value of property to increase more than construction costs, especially as there will be no sub-division.

parkwood, there the buggers...

HiTech is cheaper than Parkwood as delivery and footings included, not so with Parkwood for a Sydney install as they charge extra for delivery and crane.

If you go kit home instead, who would you get to build it or DIY?

i was just looking @ hitech, i see the prices dont include on the pricelist you have delivery or any connection or council/water fees.... any ideas what these would equate too?

hitech are already built yeah?

i not real interested in DIY i messed around building dual occs in past and too messy, i want quick and easy... a 25k job looks good just depends on service charges etc...

i was just looking @ hitech, i see the prices dont include on the pricelist you have delivery or any connection or council/water fees.... any ideas what these would equate too?

hitech are already built yeah?

i not real interested in DIY i messed around building dual occs in past and too messy, i want quick and easy... a 25k job looks good just depends on service charges etc...

I sent you some photos. Hitech include delivery in Sydney Metro subject to site inspection, and will arrange for quotes to connect to services. How much? Depends on the site and distances for power, plumbing and storm water drainage. However, you should keep clear of any sewer main else extra costs for piering or worse, encasement.

only have sewer running around the perimeter of block, should be pretty easy to connect the services.... any rough figures been quoted? free delivery? thats awesome.... so only fees are council, utilities and driveways and fencing?

comes fully fitted... thats cheap as.

I think the NSW government have their own to crises handle first! The writer of that article has his own agenda and is not interested in any rental crisis. Besides, NSW can't do anything about CGT. Otherwise I've not heard anything about planning laws. Perhaps after Sator’s pillaging of council planning rules they are laying low for a while.

I'm popular today!

Too many requests for the Hitech price list, and I can't seem to attach to a PM, and it's a big file about 3.5M....

I have put it on a dinky little web server where it can be download.

Right click here and save-as should work.

Back