Peter Spann 1 Day Investor Update

Peter Spann said:
No, on the contrary the morning session is booked out - venue capacity 600, total bookings 648 - while we always have "no shows" this is definatley a sell out.

Afternoon session is filling up too.
Canberra's venue had been upgraded from a smaller one- and still a good turnout, and an excellent evening. Thanks Peter.

You're right- an EXTREMELY interesting product.

Now I've just got to bring MrsW around.

Thanks

geoffw said:
Canberra's venue had been upgraded from a smaller one- and still a good turnout, and an excellent evening. Thanks Peter.

You're right- an EXTREMELY interesting product.

Now I've just got to bring MrsW around.

Yes it is an EXTREMELY interesting product isn't it?

Thanks for your help in Canberra - I am sure we'll be back.

Thanks Peter for a great seminar. Big on value and plenty of good ideas and food for thought.

A tip for those yet to go to the seminar, allow an extra hour or so. The Canberra one finished at 10.15 (scheduled finish was 9pm). Peter reckoned he had already shortened it a bit from the Newcastle one but as he says he is very excited about the product and it shows. Time very well spent ;)

thefirstbruce said:
thx gazza.....did he get any bikini clad PDS hander outerers yet????
C'mon Bruce- if I was the best he could get, then there was absolutely no chance of a bikini clad beauty.

The PDS is not quite ready yet.

And actual performance cannot be quoted yet. Macquarie have been using their own money using the methodology for the last 11 months- and ASIC will not allow figures to be quoted until there's 12 months of trade.

There are 2 funds within the product, each uses a different one of Peter's favourite strategies. One as Geoff said, has been operating for 11 months in house by Macquarie but the other has been trading for the past few years (averaging just over 14% I think).

I think we can all be well pleased that Peter didn't insist on having his helpers wear bikinis, not so Geoff :)

geoffw said:
C'mon Bruce- if I was the best he could get, then there was absolutely no chance of a bikini clad beauty.
He could have had you wear the bikini.:eek: Then again, I guess he wanted people to stay.:p

I am doing it

I am getting $100,000 of it. This is all with the loan. It looks pretty good to me. There is some risk but I guess there is risk with everything and I just got rid of my dog property which was costing me much more per year than the interest on this investment even if it doesn't make any money. Clearly it must make some money.

I haven't managed to get rich yet despite trying for several years so I have joined Wealth Club as a Saphire member and am following my wealth manager's advice exactly.

Robyne said:
I am getting $100,000 of it. This is all with the loan. It looks pretty good to me. There is some risk but I guess there is risk with everything and I just got rid of my dog property which was costing me much more per year than the interest on this investment even if it doesn't make any money. Clearly it must make some money.

I haven't managed to get rich yet despite trying for several years so I have joined Wealth Club as a Saphire member and am following my wealth manager's advice exactly.

Hi R

Just got back from the brisbane AM presentation....so your only commitment is $7500pa in interest????

And you are expecting what return????? I got the implied gist that the return is 12ish%pa for the Mac Eq Enhanced Income Fund... And I presume that is the gross on the principal borrowed....and the proviso is that they don't guarantee the return will be enough to cover your interest or the other expense (the $200 per whatever which I forget)

Which means cash on cash return might be (12-7.5)/7.5=60% not bloody bad at all...though nothing is guaranteed, and you are locked into 7 years of 12 months advanced interest payments, and the capital protection is void in some circumstances, according to the literature provided today....though suppose you can pull out early if you smell a rat.....or shakey Aus, Singapore, or HK stock market looming....

Would be interested in anyone else's summation of the latest from St Peter....Well there were 600 odd at his Sunday morning sermon in Brissy this AM.... :D

Hi J Scott. Don;t know how wealthy my wealth manager is but I don't have enough money for the platinum section so that PS can review my plan personally so I am going to one of his people.

TFB, Hello. Not sure what you are getting at. Yes, the committment is $7500pa in advance for 6 years and 11 months. It is capital protected and there is no garantee of any payments although you would have to consider the probability of no payments at all would be extrememly low and there is a pretty good probability of payments in excess of the $7,500 (plus $200) per year. Whether it is a good investment really depends on what you think those probabilities are.

oc1 said:
Is there anyone else with feedback?
Some in this thread

And somewhere else I mentioned that Peter is personally putting a quite large sum into the fund. The Macquarie presenter confirmed seven zeroes in the loan application.

Robyne, did your dog property have some cap gain?

Hi Geoff,
No captial gains tax problems here! I sold it for more than I bought it for but with the extra costs of buying and selling it was is slight loss. Put in the interest and maintenance costs and, well, I try not to think about it too much. Sigh... Hence the picture of me in the treadmill.
Thankyou for asking Geoff.
R

A pity Robyne.

Perhaps a quick view of the property might be useful to help others? A lot of people who have done well have been able to help others on the forum. But people who have not done quite so well have a lot to offer- perhaps even more than those who have done well.

Any thoughts on what didn't go as well as you had planned? Location? Condition? Wrong time in cycle?

A very enjoyable, very attractive presenter (well after hearing PS mention his wealth one of the blonde's in the front row certainly thought so and was ready to take him home).

Robyne said:
TFB, Hello. Not sure what you are getting at. Whether it is a good investment really depends on what you think those probabilities are.

Robyne, risk probabilities are comparable with probability of doing better with a personal div strip plan......search the internet for returns on such.......

P.S. am not antagonistic to Peter Spann...he is a good guy...but I just think eyes wired open is pertinent here.....MBL guarantee nothing.......controlling your own trades isn't so loose.....

Maybe

thefirstbruce said:
Robyne, risk probabilities are comparable with probability of doing better with a personal div strip plan......search the internet for returns on such...

Maybe - IF you understand it, IF you master it, IF you do it consistently, IF you do it with focus, and IF you could be bothered taking all that time to do it - and maybe not. Sorta misses the point on automation doesn't it?

Even if theoretical return is higher (which I would argue becuase I have seen the underlying performance of the Income Timing Strategy) by doing it yourself - we have been encouraging our clients to do these strategies for years (over a decade) but as our experience shows most people are not prepared to spend the time to master them, don’t do them consistently when they do, have better things to do in life then sit in front of a computer tracking them, or wipe out a considerable amount of their profits by being undisciplined and making mistakes.

Here’s the thing – without criticism – the people in Somersoft have a propensity towards DIY – nothing wrong with that, but my whole point in these seminars is automation – ie – NOT doing it yourself, for all the reasons above and as I took 27 minutes (according to my time sheets) explaining in the seminar there is life outside investing.

Even still, it is a whole new skill set - unless you are prepared to start from scratch and spend the years necessary to master the strategy you are probably better off automating the strategy (as I am doing - remembering I have over a decade of successful performance in these strategies) and leaving it to the experts.

Sometimes it’s not all about straight yield (and yet, if you read between the lines it is).

On top of that one of my main points in the program is the structure. If you were to do this yourself you would NOT to be able to achieve 100% finance, Capital Protection, Sophisticated Modeling (that’s the “Quant” Mark kept talking about – Quantitative Analysis),wholesale pricing, before and after market buying and selling and internal leverage – futures, stock borrowing, cash settling, etc - that are available here.

Back