Re-assessing Strategy

My Friday night thoughts on the original question are thus:

- why is everyone thinking micro? To me, everything in Australia - property shares business- are all dependent on the world economy. the world economy is now China...and its dependency on its surrogate mother... the USA.

- economically, Europe will stay bogged down under a blanket of misguided welfare towards Eastern Europe and third world migrants.

My strategy for the next 12 months.

1. exploit the tail end of the boom...short term flicks of stuff in high demand...

2. coal

3. build value add businesses for the most desired needs and wants of affluent baby boomers- vanity, health, wealth creation, educational advantage for their larvae.

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier Steve, but I have been a bit busy.

Some very interesting question for discussion here. My opinion is a bit conservative and a bit from left field. :confused:

Firstly our leverage is below 40%, and I like to keep it low. Therefore any further borrowings for investing are relatively easy, valuers can mark down values and it doesn't matter.

Interest rates?? they will probably go up a bit, there will be a downturn, and interest rates will come back again. But this is only my thoughts today, tomorrow they may be different. :D and I mean on Saturday. :D

I try to play the probabilities in my investing, but they are all pointing to a period of slower growth in most assets at present. What I do know from experience is that markets always tend to go a lot further than anyone expects them to. For this reason alone, I can understand if the sharemarket goes a lot higher than now. Sound contradictory? that's the future for you.

Right now my sights are focussed on an investment in a private company that is involved in an agricultural pursuit. I am a director of this company. Should there be a fall in the $A (due to high overseas debt) this will give us a buffer. If the $A keeps rising, the greatest rise will probably be against the $US, not the markets for our product.
It's diversification from the usual investments.

My contrary nature to popular opinion tells me that there could be an unexpected boom in both the sharemarket and property market WHILE interest rates rise. This will just leave investors more confused, until there is a bust. This would be due to the baby boomers trying to find an investment before retirement.(or some other reason :rolleyes: )

My opinion of the doom and gloom book that some have alluded to, is not very kind. As an investor, the same type of property that rents only paid half of the interest on(or less in many cases) in the mid 80's, still yield about 2/3 of the interest payments. To me that is not overpriced in comparison, (and I'm not talking about the late 80's).

OK time for some REAL left field thinking.
My opinion is that by some mechanism, either rampant inflation, or a depression with deflation, the retirement savings of the Babyboomers will disappear(greatly shrink in purchase power).
At present we have a great deal of money flowing into retirement savings, more than is being withdrawn for retirement "living". At some point in the future we will reach a point where more money tries to come out for "living" than is flowing into retirement savings.
In a low inflation environment, as a greater and greater percentage of the population enters retirement, the outflow of money to pay for "living" will mean superfunds SELLING assets. If low inflation continues, this will lead to a huge bust and probably deflation.
The most likely scenario to me is that we get much higher inflation than expected. The high inflation lasts longer than people anticipate and any raising of interest rates causes the stagflation of the 70's. Such a situation would be extremely bad for superfunds that have most of their assets in shares, but OK for property investors that don't get shaken out by the rises in interest rates.

The one thing that I am certain of, is that in 10-15 years time, those that have provided for themselves in retirement or are still working, will be paying higher taxes.

Does any of the above ramblings answer your Q's Steve?? OH look it is now Saturday... time to change my opinion. :eek:

bye

Bill.L said:
In a low inflation environment, as a greater and greater percentage of the population enters retirement, the outflow of money to pay for "living" will mean superfunds SELLING assets." If low inflation continues, this will lead to a huge bust and probably deflation.

Hi Bill,

This view is interesting and has been raised here before. Ít will be interesting to see who fairs worse in this situation - those that have focused more on growth as opposed to yield. When I say yield I also include dividends from stocks. Obviously bad times affect both growth and yield but at least with a greater percentage of yielding investments to live off there is less need to eat into capital which once gone in retirement is unlikely to be gotten back given the retiree is probably out of the workforce for good.

In other words what I'm wondering is will the mass selling of assets by superfunds really impact the dividend aspect of stocks? There may be a cut in dividends and a few coys go bust but if the stocks invested in are mainly blue chips and there is adequate diversification hopefully most stocks in the portfolio would survive. I can see the possibility of the stock's price falling significantly but if one's retirement strategy is structured to use the yield component the drop in the share price is of little significance.

My retirement strategy is to have 2 - 3 years of living expenses in cash which will be continually topped up from dividends and rents from direct residental property and perhaps some LPTs distributions. Occasionaly we may draw on equity via LOCs etc if and when needed. Obviously this could change as the future unfolds.

Bloody hard to think and be coherent this time of the morning but I hope this makes some sense. But I welcome any thoughts on this as I have but a simple minds when it comes to these things.

Cheers - gordon

Hi All
I have been thinking about the strategy of holding cash during harder economic times and came up with this.
Cash can buy T.I.M.E.(Time In My Environment)
Think about it!
Simon

Bill.L said:
My opinion of the doom and gloom book that some have alluded to, is not very kind. As an investor, the same type of property that rents only paid half of the interest on(or less in many cases) in the mid 80's, still yield about 2/3 of the interest payments. To me that is not overpriced in comparison, (and I'm not talking about the late 80's).
bye

Hi Bill.

I agree with the basic premise you have stated here. The capital growth/return of reasonable properties, even bought in the past at times of high interest rates etc, still looks good.

All this of course depends on you being able to RETAIN that asset during the flurry of economic ups and downs that may occur during this period.

What could cause the loss of this asset?

1. Losing your job?
2. Economic upheaval?
3. Sickness?
4. Increase in interest rates beyond what you have allowed for?
5. Serious long term tenant vacancy?
6. Bank's revaluation of commercial property based on loss of major tenant?
7. Other business going bad causing funds to be diverted?
8. Further reduction in Rental Yields?

etc etc........and/or a combination of these?

I think for many starting out with investment property, it's a big step even to 'get on the horse'. My feeling over the last few years is that in many cases 'someone else has been gently walking the horse around, feeding it, watering it and watching it grow fat'. The next few years MAY( and I stress 'may') be a time when 'we need to learn to ride that horse in a variety of conditions, and even be prepared for it trying to buck us off'. We may all need to become better riders. :D

Sure some of the above will come down to what you bought, how much you paid etc. but I'm pretty sure a large part of what Steve is alluding to will be about CASHFLOW. ie. having financial structure in place that will see you through the 'financially difficult' times when others are forced to sell/lose the asset.

The flipside of course to financially difficult times can be that 'opportunity' can also exist. Invariably when true bargains abound, fewer of us will have the financial resources(or mental resilience for that matter) set up to 'buy another horse'.

Happy trails.......... :D

:)

Last edited:
Hi Alan
I agree.
The ones that win are the ones that are still there at the end of the cycle so the obvious strategy in tougher times is to "Play to Stay".
Kind regards
Simon

Bill

I love your doom & gloom baby boomer retirement scenario but i disagree with it as i think there will be major government/RBA/ATO intervention before they let it ruin our economy long or short term.

Also funds keep cash for redemptions and should be able to handle a minor run on funds without wholesale selling. What sort of percentage would you expect to happen on the funds by boomers retiring? 10%? 20%?

OK, my situation. Im probably an average investor with lots of people above me and lots below me.

My property is all pos geared (without relying on non cah benefits, thos are welcome) and i wont buy property that cant fund itself. This is part of my plan as i see my property portfolio as a store of wealth for myself and family and therefore must not threatened by any economic climate or personal financial hardship. It just sits there and does its thing with no worry or input from me.

Therefore the future investing environment doesnt concern me greatly as far as property is concerned. Im not really in the market to buy as i cant see value anywhere and see cap. growth looking very dim for a while. To pinch a line from Buffet 'Its just as important when investing to know when not to buy as when to buy' I love the man. The patient will be rewarded with property at this time.

I am gaining an interest in property development lately and hope to go down this path in the future or at least explore it further for opportunities.

Shares are a different kettle of fish and while the market is skittish and overheated at the moment and value is also hard to find. My investing style is i dont care too much about value as i like to be a growth investor (but that can change) and will buy on high PE multiples as long as the share has excellent fundamentals is in a long upward trend. Value investing has its place but i dont have the patience for it in the current market.

Im keeping a close eye on my portfolio and the market in general for a quick exit if required but still looking (and finding) buying opportunities.

Looking forward to the inevitable market correction for value and yield buying opportunities.

I keep a cash reserve and a LOC for liquidity and opportunities that arise that need quick action. Having said that i like to be close to fully invested and especially with cash paying around 5% at the moment its not a real attractive option to hold a high percentage in cash.

My business is humming along ok, nothing real exciting there and no huge plans just same old same old. I like to decrease my input without decreasing turnover/profits as i prefer investing to business. Years ago it was the opposite.

With upward pressure on interest rates i see a flat economic and property future which will either force average investors (like myself) to become excellent ones or investors will leave altogether when they realise the good times are over and its just too much hard work to achieve high returns in a tough investing environment.

So thats enough waffle from right now, great thread.

Hi Likewow

Sounds like you've got yourself comfortably set up. Congrats.

Something I've been meaning to ask. You've mentioned a few times you have a business and you've more than likely mentioned it somewhere in a previous thread but you've posted way to much for me to go find it in a search.

What sort of business are you in and how long have you been doing it?

Cheers :cool:

Sultan of Swing said:
Hi Likewow

Sounds like you've got yourself comfortably set up. Congrats.

Something I've been meaning to ask. You've mentioned a few times you have a business and you've more than likely mentioned it somewhere in a previous thread but you've posted way to much for me to go find it in a search.

What sort of business are you in and how long have you been doing it?

Cheers :cool:

Im involved in the tourism industry at the moment and have been doing it for a couple of years. Sometimes i have business interests overlapping. At the moment i have become (sort of unintentionally) involved in a semi- passive way in a vending business in Sydney that i originally helped a friend with.

Ive been running different businesses for a long time, as i think -very similar to investing- the most important part and where the money is made is between the ears.

What im saying is it doesnt matter what the business is once you have a workable formula you can pretty much apply to any business with some variations.

Business = good idea + business plan. :)

Last edited:
Hi Likewow and All
I have often thought of starting or buying into a business to help with cashflow and serviceability challenges whilst growing my property portfolio.
The problem is that every business that I have considered has involved a considerable investment of the thing I value the most, my TIME.
My real business is growing and maintaning my residential property portfolio(although this is not considered a mainstream business by most lenders) but it also holds a number of advantages because I am classified as a private investor.
My biggest frustration is that I need to find a way to do another quantum leap in investing but still holding on to the fundamentals that have brought me this far.
Kind regards
simon

simonjulie said:
Hi Likewow and All
I have often thought of starting or buying into a business to help with cashflow and serviceability challenges whilst growing my property portfolio.
The problem is that every business that I have considered has involved a considerable investment of the thing I value the most, my TIME.
My real business is growing and maintaning my residential property portfolio(although this is not considered a mainstream business by most lenders) but it also holds a number of advantages because I am classified as a private investor.
My biggest frustration is that I need to find a way to do another quantum leap in investing but still holding on to the fundamentals that have brought me this far.
Kind regards
simon

Hi Simon.

Out of curiosity, what are some of the advantages you refer to with the 'private investor classification'. Is this a formal lender classification?

:)

Hi Alan
It is more like a situational classification.
Equity growth is the platform from which I work.
The ability to liquidate some of it enables me to maintain and grow my property portfolio(refinancing strategies/ portfolio management) I only need around 3%pa growth to keep the machine turning.
I live off the income produced by my assets.(the next bit might take a bit of thinking about)The holding costs of the properties are tax deductable against the the income they produce. However, my annual cashflow is slightly negative(confused yet?).
The main benefit of deriving my income from my investments is that the cashflow is mine to do with what I like(within reason) and the past and future Capital growth of my residential property portfolio pays for its maintenance and future growth/development.
This strategy is designed for a large asset base with adequate LVR's to protect the structure from the economic cycle effects.
Deflation is my enemy.
Simon

Last edited:
My thinking

Hi All,

Steve thanks for starting this thread, great stuff!

In my thinking I'm very close to Likewow.
As an investor I own several properties all of them returning between 7-9% and fully paid off. None of them are in Australia :)
I would love to get into the IP in Australia, but since I'm cash positive type a guy, I cant find any deals right now. I just cant get over the fact that I would be loosing money in my IP's and would have to hope for the capital gains or the government rebates to substitute the loss. I agree that I'm very rigid in regards to my IP's. I'm also thinking about redevelopment of some of my properties, and possibly development of property in Australia, but the land is still very expensive.
I'm speculating with shares online. It's lots of fun, and it is a controlled risk. There is only so much money I can loose :). I'm buying selling many times a day (since there is very little commission, and high holding premiums). I see this matter more like gambling, then real investing to be honest, but some good money can be made too :)
Currently I'm putting lots of time into finalizing a franchise business that I want to purchase, and all the analyses/financial planning associated with it. I expect this business to kick in more cash flow, and I expect it to make it manageable by an outsource in a year time, so my involvement would be minimal.
So to summarize, at this stage my investment looks like this:
IP's (CF+, paid off), Shares (controlled risk), Business (final stages before purchase).

The idea is to slowly transition from job (well paying at the moment) into passive cash flow of about 3000 EUR (5000 AU$) per month (60K pa AU$) after tax.

Ta
V

Bill.L said:
At present we have a great deal of money flowing into retirement savings, more than is being withdrawn for retirement "living". At some point in the future we will reach a point where more money tries to come out for "living" than is flowing into retirement savings.
In a low inflation environment, as a greater and greater percentage of the population enters retirement, the outflow of money to pay for "living" will mean superfunds SELLING assets. If low inflation continues, this will lead to a huge bust and probably deflation.

Good point Bill, and got me thinking. Originally the cash that went into retirement funds' assets would otherwise have been spent on buying things, yet the economy didn't die. I agree that in the future the funds will need to liquidate assets, which will go to the retirees to buy food, clothes, power, etc - putting it back INTO the economy. This would suggest the earnings of manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and so on would be sustained, with a flow on elsewhere in the economy.

Seems like cash washing from one bucket to another to me, so maybe I'm more of an optimist and yet I don't see the huge bust you do.

Cheers

We have been considering buying a property in France. Our search is out of England and studies indicate that many poms are doing the same. It turns out that the French see a lot of English looking for less expensive properties to retire to after selling the inflated property in England. A good idea but it is not just the English, apparently the Dutch, German and the Irish are as well.
Some see it as a leveling off process in a effort to ensure a reasonable retirement. The Baby Boomer business is having its effect in Europe as it will around the globe.
I think it is apparent that a 'cashing up' process will happen and what this will lead to is hard to predict. It is like a tomato farm, you have to have sombody to sell your tomatoes to or they lose their value. They also lose value if everybody has tomatoes to sell. If many people are cashing up, including super funds, your tomatoes(assets) become difficult to sell at any price. In other words property values will not likely increase until the baby boomer businees is washed out of the system.
The good thing about living in Australia is its appeal to migrants looking to find a more desirable and cheaper place to live. The strategy as far as property is concerned may well be to be cash positive as a hedge against inflation and if CG is your choice find a location that appeals to retirees. This may well be Sydney or Melbourne if we see migrants coming from Europe.

The good thing about a tomato is that it is consumable.
If there is an oversupply there also may be a shortage down the track.
This planet is getting smaller everyday and I believe good quality real estate will continue to demand a premium in the market place. It just makes sense.
Kind regards
Simon

a late entry

To Steve's original questions.

Interest rates. I can't see dramatic change going forwards in the next few years.

Property outlook. Still bullish in my market - around Perth and predominantly Mandurah.

Lower yields. Expected - capital growth continuing at a faster rate than rents are rising. There is currently a shortage, I'm told, of rental properties around Mandurah and rents are increasing ATM. Some agents have waiting lists of tenants, I'm told.

Equity markets. I'm not in touch with the bourse, of late. Being so high, I can't think what will drive it higher. Increasing profits in the strong economy? I'm not optimistic along those lines so will go for a gentle falling in values over the next couple of years.

RBA. See comments above re interest rates.

My investor class is a one-eyed property investor. All eggs in one basket. Dabbled in shares for ~25 years and now 100% property focussed. I find it simpler and, more importantly, suits my investing personality / temperament / discipline. I feel that I can very much focus & direct/control investment in a way that I never found with shares. Equities too much like gambling for me - of course, that was my uneducated approach.

Ultimate goal. Enjoy life. Investments will always be ticking along & growing.

Planned strategy: revalue every year or whenever; reborrow to maximum (80% LVR); manage risk by keeping a healthy buffer (undrawn borrowed funds) of as much as 50%/60% of borrowed funds when 100% reliant on properties - am currently working so prepared to have a lower buffer say 10% to 20% of actual debt; keep buying capital growth properties when can comfortably afford; current focus is beachfront houses near Mandurah; currently fix virtually all interest rates for as long as possible; maintain risk management strategies - big buffer, fixed interest rates, continue personal education, monitor cashflow (my beaut spreadsheets!), monitor performance, maintain properties. Develop existing properties in the future & maybe do more development activities occasionally. Stick with residential properties for now; might venture into small scale residential land subdivisions in the future. Keep fit & healthy. Enjoy life & help others. Retire again, or for a while, and do a heap of travelling.

I wonder how I might review these comments from a perspective 5 or even 50 years' hence! Right now, I can't imagine changing the strategy too much.

regards,

Last edited:
ps

After posting, a few more thoughts.

I don't expect any major changes to tax rulings on investment properties. If they happen, I'll adapt.

One additional (risk management?) strategy is I prepay interest 12 months' in advance.

No mention above of the booming WA economy and the influence of the huge Chinese economy. It'll be interesting to see the influence that China & India will have on our economies and employment.

Currently we are in a golden period of economic growth, unemployment, interest rates, inflation, property capital growth. So, need to be prepared for when it changes...

Alan H said:
I'm pretty sure a large part of what Steve is alluding to will be about CASHFLOW. ie. having financial structure in place that will see you through the 'financially difficult' times
And the first prize goes to AlanH

Please refer to the attached file for my background thoughts regarding Forum members responses :)

Nearly every response has alluded to the need of CASHFLOW

Now the only question that remains is HOW to create the CASHFLOW that will solve all problems?

RE-ASSESSING STRUCTURE:

Desired outcomes:

• Making sure all elements of your investment structure is efficient. (No Lazy Dollars)
  • Financing structure. (Optimising Serviceability)
  • Creating the correct balance between CG producing assets and Income producing assets. (From a cash flow point of view as well as from a tax efficiency point of view)
  • Maintaining Affordability (Self funding portfolios; stress tested buffers; creating passive income streams)
  • Building the passive income stream for the purpose of initially funding lifestyle requirements and eventual Financial Independence.

Making sure all elements of your investment structure is efficient. (No Lazy Dollars)

The three key elements to structure efficiency dictate that all assets must by definition produce:

a) Income:

Assess the various assets in your portfolio and list which of them do / do not produce an income.

Some examples of income producing assets:

Shares: Dividends; distributions

IP: Rental income; cash flow positive income

Annuities: Regular cash payments

Yourself!: Income from working; running a business / various

Cash: Interest

Superannuation: (Only upon retirement)

Businesses

Some examples of assets that do not produce an income:

PPOR

Vacant Land

Motor vehicles

Luxury items: (Plasma TV’s; Jewelery; Boat; etc.)

b) Capital Growth:

Assess which assets do / do not produce CG.

Some examples of CG producing assets:

PPOR

IP’s

Shares

Vacant Land

Superannuation: (Only realized at retirement)

Businesses

Some examples of assets that do not produce CG:

Annuities

Yourself (We are all mainly depreciating!)

Cash

Motor vehicles

Luxury items

c) Collateral Value:

Assess which assets can / cannot be used as collateral:

Collateral Assets:

PPOR

IP’s

Shares

Cash

Vacant land

Businesses

Non Collateral Assets:

Annuities

Yourself (or your children; spouse; mother-in-law for that matter)

Superannuation

Motor vehicles

Luxury items

PLAN of ACTION 1:

Minimise as far as possible the use of assets that do not fulfill all three categories!!

PLAN of ACTION 2:

Convert where possible non income producing assets into income producing assets.

Examples:

PPOR

Set up LOC and use these lazy dollars to produce an income stream.

Shares:

Optimise the share portfolio to produce maximum income via the use of income funds.

Cash:

Optimise the use of cash so as to produce income over an above the interest (Capital return) so as to enhance serviceability. (Cashbond when necessary)

PLAN of ACTION 3:

Balance your portfolio between CG producing assets (Including allowable deductions for tax efficiency) and Income producing assets, which in the first instance allow sufficient cash flow to cover all the holding costs, stress test buffers and passive income for lifestyle and eventual financial independence.

Working Example:

Current situation:

PPOR: valued $620,000

Debt: <<$73,900>>

Deductible debt used for an IP deposit <$55,900> and Shares <$18,000>

IP 1: valued $320,000

Debt: <<$210,000>>

Deductible debt used for IP property loan and Shares <$10,000>

Rent: $12,480

IP 2: valued $580,000

Debt: <<$324,000>>

Deductible debt used for IP property loan.

Rent: $20,280

Personal Income:

Husband $94,000 pa

Wife: Nil

Commentary:

Here we have a couple in a pretty good situation.

LVR = $607,900 / $1,520,000 = 40% (Very comfortable but hopelessly inefficient because of unemployed Lazy Dollars) Net equity at $912,100

I haven’t included the share portfolio as an asset as ION shares were purchased :mad: and are all but worthless.

So how to move forward from here??

Well, one could take the view that:

1) Property CG in the short to medium term might not be very much?

2) Share Market is at a record high and might crash?

3) Interest rates might well increase?

4) Perhaps safer to sit on ones hands and do nothing?

Position in 5 years time assuming property, shares and cash average 5% pa each.

Property value PV $1,520,000; FV $1,939,942

Debt remains the same:

Future net equity value $1,332,042 (1.46 times original equity . . . rated a poor result)

Structured Approach:

Given that times are somewhat uncertain it is imperative that cashflow stress testing is incorporated into the following planning:

Step 1:

Set up maximum (80%) LOC’s against the property assets:

PPOR LOC = $422,100 ($620,000 x 80% - $73,100)

IP 1 LOC = $46,000 ($320,000 x 80% - $219,000)

IP 2 LOC = $140,000 ($580,000 x 80% - $324,000)

Total available LOC = $608,100 (Currently Lazy Dollars)

This couple wish to upgrade PPOR (Sell) and buy a new PPOR at $850,000 some time in the foreseeable future.

Serviceability:

On an income of $94,000 plus rental income of [$12,480 + $20,280] x 80%

Then Westpac would offer approx $700,000 Total loan facility.

However there are already loans of $607,900

Meaning that all that is available is a further $92,100 :(

Solution: In order to enhance the borrowing capacity to allow for the maximum LOC plus further potential loans, FURTHER income is required. (From a cashbond and /or from a share income fund)

On this basis it is proposed:

Of the $608,100 (potentially available from the LOC:

$250,000 should be allocated for the New PPOR (held in an Offset until necessary)

$100,000 should be allocated for another IP

$150,000 should be allocated for a cashbond

$100,000 should be allocated for a share income fund

And all the dollars will be actively employed.

New Situation post Structure:

PPOR: valued $620,000

Debt: <<$496,000 >>

IP 1: valued $320,000

Debt: <<$256,000>>

IP 2: valued $580,000

Debt: <<$464,000>>.

New IP: valued $400,000

Debt: <<$320,000>>

Rent: 18,720

Total Property LVR 80%

Share Fund: $200,000 (50% margin)

Cashbond: $150,000

CASHFLOW Requirements:

Outgoings:

New Loan Costs: <$25,174>> LOC (The $250,000 allocated for a future PPOR is as yet not drawn down)

Margin Loan: <$7,750> Shares

Total outgoings: <$32,924> pa

Income:

Cashbond : $30,000 pa

Share distributions $20,000 pa

Total Income: $50,000 pa

Excess Income per year: $17,076 (A pretty handsome buffer)

Asset situation in 5 years (5% growth assumed Cash, Property, Shares)

PPOR: valued $785,770

Debt: <<$496,000 >>

IP 1: valued $408,404

Debt: <<$256,000>>

IP 2: valued $740,238

Debt: <<$464,000>>.

New IP: valued $510,507

Debt: <<$320,000>>

Rent: 18,720

Total LVR 80%

Share Fund: $343,528 (includes reinvested yearly excess)

Cashbond: $Nil

Property value PV $1,920,000; FV $2,544,396

Debt: $1,536,000 property (Including LOC) + $100,000 shares = $1,636,000

Future equity value Property $2,544,396 + Shares $343,528 = $2,887,924

(3.17 times original equity . . . rated as better!)

Net Equity has grown from $912,100 to $1,251,924 a gain of $339,824.

Note at a 7% return the net equity gain would be a staggering $1,631,132

(Never underestimate the power of compounding at just 2% extra.)

Conclusions:

• Even in an unsure and difficult market, it is still worth keeping your portfolio working. (An extra equity value of $339,825 @ 5% and $1,631,132 @ 7%)
  • Utilising lazy dollars can obtain extra serviceability
  • Extra income from the structure can cater for all the holding costs of the portfolio, as well as serve as a buffer for extra costs. (Increasing interest rates.)
  • Passive income is available if one chooses to use it for lifestyle.
  • Over time the build up of net equity will create Financial Independence.
Cashflow is your portfolios “Oxygen”, without it difficult circumstances can suffocate the process.

I hope this has been of some help and interest.

Regards,

Steve

Attachments

• Pre_discussion.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 367
Back