Rents drop in real terms

Care to point out the untruths....?

You are asking how a house is different to gold, and how the price of food differs to the price of a house or other financial instruments and I'm the one with no clue ?

1) A sausage ( i.e this example covers food power and all consumption goods), while increasing in value, will still cost only a small portion of a person income. Even if it doubled in price, people could still buy sausages.

2) I can live without gold, I can't live without a house or food.

3) The cost of a house, takes up proportionately a very large (often in excess of 100%) of the average income. Making it unaffordable and therefore creating real barriers to living to the people trying to buy them. Compared to, for example the price of milk doubling, which would onyl really be a minor annoyance.

Around and around and around and around . . . .

How many times does this debate between property bulls and bears have to be re-stated?

Seriously, neither side is convincing the other of anything whatsoever, as far as I can tell, and it all seems to eventually descend into either one-upmanship over statistical resourcing or downright personal abuse . . . until the next agonisingly repetitive thread is started.

Igonre the bloody idiots!

You are asking how a house is different to gold, and how the price of food differs to the price of a house or other financial instruments and I'm the one with no clue ?

No...I was pointing out that there are other necessities in life that are expensive, like food, power etc etc...where can you quote me as asking how a house if different to gold....??? You like to misquote people and try and make a fool of them. As if I don't know the difference...;)

1) A sausage ( i.e this example covers food power and all consumption goods), while increasing in value, will still cost only a small portion of a person income. Even if it doubled in price, people could still buy sausages.

No, not everyone...I know people who don't buy sausages now because they can't afford them.
Properrty has doubled and people are still buying it....no argument.

2) I can live without gold, I can't live without a house or food.

I agree, and I own 5 houses and eat very well. I was not born into money and I'm just a landscaper bloke. I also have gold shares. I did it through sheer hard work and smart thinking. You can too....if you're smart and willing to have a go. I see you knocked back $100k job offer earlier...not good enough....I'd kill to have a wage like that...I earn less than half that. You sound spoilt.

3) The cost of a house, takes up proportionately a very large (often in excess of 100%) of the average income. Making it unaffordable and therefore creating real barriers to living to the people trying to buy them. Compared to, for example the price of milk doubling, which would onyl really be a minor annoyance.

Minor annoyance...! :eek:You tell that to the starving people on the streets and the low socioeconomic that struggle to keep food on the table each day...
There will always be the poor, but somehow they seem to be able to put a roof over their heads (apart from the homeless) whether buying or renting. You have been shown how to get yourself into a home and you are saying that you will indeed be able to afford one so why are you still annoying with your little jibes.?

Do not misquote me or others on here Beebop, you need to be honest with yourself before anyone can take you seriously.

Back on topic....my rents have risen way above real terms. But if they have fallen elsewhere then that's great for the renters agreed...? Housing becoming more affordable...heavens above, that's great news.

Do not misquote me or others on here Beebop, you need to be honest with yourself before anyone can take you seriously.

I think Beebop has gone long past EVER being taken seriously on this forum. Firstly, we tried to help him. Others agreed with his basic ideas of property being overvalued. No problems. We all have different opinions.

However, the refusal to answer any questions about himself and simply reply to any post, helpful or sarcastic, with more sarcasm just smacks of immaturity. My 15 year old can do better, and he is a "young" 15.

Why not just go away :rolleyes:.

You won't change the opinions of we who have done the hard yards.

***Cue the sarcastic comeback.***

Actually, stop right there Beebop. You've said it all before. Now it is just BORING.

If as indicated by the evidence, the general rental market is trending down, then any any ups are presumably outweighed by some worse downs.

Although this may be hard to believe, particularly in Sydney, it is important that it registers.

Rentals in my area have been trending down for some time, as have resale values. The EA's are now in general quite open about this, and need to be to get stuff shifted. One of their catch phrases seems to be, "you won't get the type of prices you got three years ago", which was apparently the top of the market.

I have watched a lot of rentals languish on the market, that I know turned down offers. To me this is idiocy, I know how long it would take me to recoup a few of void months at $50 a week. On a rental 0f $2000 a month it would take nearly a year to recoup each months void, and get back to square.

Though most properties seem to move reasonably well, some properties around me have been on the market for at least three months. Rentals are being quietly reduced in many instances. My wife tends to monitor these things more than me.

I am seeing the same thing here in northern NSW. I can understand the optimism of the Sydney investors, but just Sydney does not Australia, or even NSW, make!

Well, heres a little bit of blue sky, this guy is a banking insider, and despite his views on the long term idiocy of current policy, he doesn't see the powers to be as being able to desert the general propping of the system.

http://macrobusiness.com.au/2011/04/plunge-protection-has-begun/

In my view he's right, it is too late to step back, the collapse of house prices would mean the collapse of the current banking system.

So onwards and upwards..................until???

Back