So, have you bought additional investment properties this year?

Have you purchased additional IPs in 2011?

• Yes, more than 1.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Yes, 1.

Votes: 62 35.0%
  • No.

Votes: 75 42.4%
  • Wouldn't even dream about it.

Votes: 13 7.3%

• Total voters
One day i think ill build up the courage to ask. Being a VERY tight-nit family makes it hard, but when ive built up enough equity/savings, i will ask.

I bought 2 duplexes today in Western Sydney (yielding a bit over 7%).
I've been looking to buy for a while but I'm a bit fussy plus the vendors haven't been accepting my offers.

Congrats, BV. You lose. The Bonkers Award will be re-allocated.

Thanks mate
I must be Bonkers alright, I didn't buy in Port Hedland.
The yields are only 7% so I'll have to do something about this.
btw, you look so surprised in that avatar....:D

Thanks mate
I must be Bonkers alright, I didn't buy in Port Hedland.
The yields are only 7% so I'll have to do something about this.
btw, you look so surprised in that avatar....:D

No mate, I stole the avatar online. I actually look like a real freak!

7% is appalling. In Sydney? I'd be slapping myself!

7% is appalling. In Sydney? I'd be slapping myself!

Yeah I know but at least they are not out in the sticks.

I'm subscribing to Nathan's deal finder so I often see cheap regionals yielding better than 7% but I'm scared to touch them. I've also looked at better quality regionals yielding 4 and 5% but I didn't have much luck.

BV, as you know and as I've said before, you're part of the problem and not part of the solution. To the outskirts with you, property investor!!!

(Disgusted by your 7% yield, naturally, of course. Where, sorry?)

BV, as you know and as I've said before, you're part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Its Nathan's fault and its contagious, don't go near him :)

(Disgusted by your 7% yield, naturally, of course. Where, sorry?)

In the better part of Mt Druitt
I was looking for something with better yields but the cheapies around there scare me.
I might still buy a couple of cheapies but they'll have to be in the streets I like.

This one won't cost me anything to hold and with a little bit of work ( paint and basic reno) I'll be able to increase rents further.
I wouldn't say that I've got a bargain but it is something I like and I see it as a good long term hold and with potential for redevelopment.

We bought a 4 bedder brick veneer with 2 room granny flat / teenage retreat in better part of Mount Druitt (to use BV's words). BTW, BV, a pair of duplexes with over 7% yield is super.

We did quite a big renovation and now rented at a tad over 8%

Plan to buy another either SEQ or Western Sydney towards end of the year. May also consider US as we're off on holiday there next week.

I agree but there are still some investors out there
and are not just looking, they are actually buying.
I sold 2 IP's recently and both went to investors

And I hope Bill, that this 'activity' continues to increase. The market needs to show some resilience right now, especially as the share market is tanking.

And I hope Bill, that this 'activity' continues to increase. The market needs to show some resilience right now, especially as the share market is tanking.
Andy
I'm buying, I've got 2 more to go and I'm also waiting for shares to tank a bit more so that I can get back in.
I think this is a good time to access our equity, park it in a LOC and wait for the opportunities to come

Andy
I'm buying, I've got 2 more to go and I'm also waiting for shares to tank a bit more so that I can get back in.
I think this is a good time to access our equity, park it in a LOC and wait for the opportunities to come

Agreed...it's a shame I don't have enough cash to really get into the shares when it bottoms soon. :(

Hi Guys!

I'm trying to get in contact with someone who got a great buy this year in a slow market...
Specifically on this post,
Lcarus, DaveMSydney, JT7, Belbo, Sash and Younguns.
Would you guys mind calling me on 07 3720 9422?
Im interested in your story and how much money you saved in this current market?
thanks lauren.

You seem to be heading in the opposite direction to us Nathan.

We've bought none since November and actively trying to sell a house.

I don't think Nathan would be interested Dazz... wrong end of town, nasty type of people living in those nick of the woods

Hi Guys!

I'm trying to get in contact with someone who got a great buy this year in a slow market...

Specifically on this post,
Lcarus, DaveMSydney, JT7, Belbo, Sash and Younguns.
Would you guys mind calling me on 07 3720 9422?
Im interested in your story and how much money you saved in this current market?

thanks lauren.

Maybe you need to give some more info Lauren i.e. API Magazine... otherwise you may have buckleys chance?

A bit more info may give you a slim chance :D

Back