Sunshine Coast

Jimmy, I think Charles means Noosa might lose its pop cap if it is amalgamated into one shire with the others. THere's nothing sacred about pop caps anyway. The Noosa Council can kill it as quickly as they gave birth to it.

Bruce,

Correct.

re Population caps.
What would happen if every council in Aust decided to have them?:)

Is Amber still going out with Ironman 'Zane Holmes' sp.???
If shes not I might try imagining meeting her, like in that other thread you have going Bruce.

I like the name Charles, but it isn't my name.:D

agent 86 said:
Bruce,

Correct.

re Population caps.
What would happen if every council in Aust decided to have them?

Is Amber still going out with Ironman 'Zane Holmes' sp.???
If shes not I might try imagining meeting her, like in that other thread you have going Bruce.

I like the name Charles, but it isn't my name.

Bugger, got caught out with your name once before too. I keep misreading your signature. Will just have to call you Max ;)

I don't know whether Amber is attached or not currently. I'm not into the Sunshine Coast society scene. It's mainly undereducated nouveau riche, 40 something seals or skegheads who haven't grown up, vacuous frustrated oversexed peroxide blondes, and arty farty djambe banging hippie wannabes....

Anyway, they all share the one thing in common. they don't think much, and they are like their Gold Coast counterparts except they wear smaller jewelry.

I do most of my socializing out behind Buderim around Palmwoods, Woombye, Eudlo, Mooloolah, where ppl are more genteel, and need quiet time to think more deeply and bring up kids sensibly :)

And you'd know then that Michelle Pfeiffer never materialized for me despite my vivid and enthusiastic visualizations :rolleyes: though did have a French model stroll into my life who looked a little like her, but her name was Vicki, which doesn't even sound like Michelle :p....and she strollled out shortly after. Was fun while it lasted. ;)

thefirstbruce said:
I'm not into the Sunshine Coast society scene. It's mainly undereducated nouveau riche, 40 something seals or skegheads who haven't grown up, vacuous frustrated oversexed peroxide blondes, and arty farty djambe banging hippie wannabes....
Anyway, they all share the one thing in common. they don't think much, and they are like their Gold Coast counterparts except they wear smaller jewelry.

Geez Bruce, hope you didn't express this view TO their faces or they would think you were a right tosser. Is this why you moved back to Brisvegas from Mooloolaba ?
JIM

Jimmyjamjars said:
Geez Bruce, hope you didn't express this view TO their faces or they would think you were a right tosser. Is this why you moved back to Brisvegas from Mooloolaba ?
JIM

Jim, I'll let you insert your own answers to those questions.

thefirstbruce said:
I'm not into the Sunshine Coast society scene. It's mainly undereducated nouveau riche, 40 something seals or skegheads who haven't grown up, vacuous frustrated oversexed peroxide blondes, and arty farty djambe banging hippie wannabes....

LOL

Vote Bruce for Sunshine Coast Ambassador. :D

You've certainly got a talent, Bruce.

Jim and Alex, I should say I have a lot of friends on the coast, which include builders, surfers, ex life savers, permaculture farmers, traditional farmers, foxy nurses, fat nurses, school teachers, and sensitive creative types. And I used to be a mad surfer too, and a meditating, vegetarian, environmentally conscious ,nature lover.

I just prefer to hang out with ppl who think and are mindful of others nearby, rather then ppl who are loud and self focused.

tamtam said:
can i ask what the outlook of caboolture might be?????

Well, seeing you asked:

Retirement villages for those who never saved enough to retire to the Sunshine Coast.

Another 15 years of high unemployment, and welfare.

Don't want to even think about what will happen to the area when the price of fuel hits $1.60 later this year. Most have to travel outside the shire to work.

And you can always get an idea of the future of an area from the goings on at its public hospital.....Qld Health doesn't employ all those administrators for nothing you know.....

Thats excellent Bruce.

How much for guided tours ?
We will be in Caloundra very soon for a good look around.

kp

Mark Laszczuk said:
A friend of mine is looking to move to the Sunshine Coast, anyone help out with tips on where is good to buy? She has a budget of up to 400K.
Hey Mark,

I was (reluctantly) talked into moving to the sunshine coast years ago (by hubby who originally hailed from there) and I didn't regret a moment of my stay. Caloundra is a really great place to work, live (and play) in. And for the modest price of 350k-ish you can get yourself a nice little 3 bedder within walking distance to one of the many beaches along its coastline. In fact, I liked it so much I bought a few IPs there, but sold them off when I got homesick for the colder climate!! :rolleyes: :p

I recently sold a property in Kings Beach, but unfortunately its pricetag was not in the 100's, but hey there are plenty of others that are (and they are really lovely).

What's the saying about Qld?? Oh yeah "......one day, perfect the next"!! ;) Too true!! :)

(To your friend) Happy house hunting!! :)

Kings Beach

My Kings Beach IP has turned out to be a very good investment. I managed, after much hunting, to pick up a very spacious 2 bedroom unit with water views for a great price. I have had the same tenant in there the entire time, great CG and the unit is bulletproof, so an ideal renter. Its a great spot.
JIM

Back