The 2009 positive thread!

Stay well clear of all organisational decision making, turn up half sober, say "I do" when they kick you in the shins and everything should go smoothly.

That's the plan Daz! ;)

Great to hear everything's going according to plan for you as well, none more deserving. Yes definitely have to catch up when you're over here.

Stay well clear of all organisational decision making, turn up half sober, say "I do" when they kick you in the shins and everything should go smoothly.
I had this idea that instead of just repeating the vows after the celebrant, it would seem more sincere if we memorised the lines and said them ourselves. I thought it would sound like it was coming from within, rather than just repeating what we were told.

Little did I foresee the result: Mike stayed up til 3am the night before the wedding trying to memorise the vows, and was so exhausted and terrified that he'd forget them, that he said the vows with a screwed-up face, looking up at the sky in the manner one does when desperately trying to recall something. He didn't make eye contact with me once, and every time he recalled a line, he spat it out at lightning speed before he forgot it, with absolutely no expression in his voice. :D It wasn't quite the effect that I'd hoped for - but it gives us a laugh every time we think of it.
TPFKAD said:
2009 is the exit year for us, the one we have been planning for, for the last 14 years.
Congratulations, Dazz, that's fantastic news!

Back