The Somersoft Development

hi michael
you can organise a external town planner they don't apporve your da put they box it all together so that it goes thruthe council alot easier and faster and usually are ex council planners and I do recommend you use one they cost but are worth the fee's
I use extrnal planners and external certifiers as its alot quicker and less nasties along the way.
also I hate councils and they hate me, so its alot better to have a middle person.
time is the largest cost in any development and with a raw site the variable are such that I would not go thru any council with a development on my own and I'm not a new kid off the block.
to get a council application thru requires three things
1. a plan that meets most of councils requirements
2. a council planner that like you
3. knowing the internal process of the council you are dealing with.
and as I fall at 2 and 3 usually As I don't have the nicetees to wait I use a planner that works with that council and leave it to them.
hope it goes well and will keep having a read

michael - is it possible now to have a new thread (perhaps closed so we don't get all the comments) to run alongside this thread of comments ... with the new thread containing what you are actually doing and what is happening.
Lizzie,

If Sim has the technology then I'm up for it! I know he was contemplating putting blog capability in the forum at some stage. I think that's what is required to allow that to happen.

Otherwise I'll just start a new thread now and link to this old one in the first post. I think they'll continue to get quite long so every time I hit a major milestone I'll kick a new one off and link to the previous ones in the first post.

Good idea!

I'll start a new thread when I've got something more to add, but for now I'll just get on with my immediate next steps... ;)

Cheers,
Michael.

I'll start a new thread when I've got something more to add, but for now I'll just get on with my immediate next steps... ;)

Why not just go get yourself a blog? (blogger.com, blogspot.com, wordpress.com, typepad.com, take yer pick).. Much more suited to this sort of "thread"... would be a fascinating read and much more easier to follow than a hodge-podge of linked threads here..

Mike, which council exactly will you be going through for development approval? Ive heard some horror stories with development approvals taking months/years to pass through local councils. Hope this isnt the case with yours though.

If all else fails, a yellow unmarked sealed envelope passed indiscretely under a nearby cafe table to your local councillor should fast track the process ;)

RJ

hi all
even thou this was the case some time ago I highly recommend you don't follow it currently in any form.
(If all else fails, a yellow unmarked sealed envelope passed indiscretely under a nearby cafe table to your local councillor should fast track the process)
for a couple of every good reasons.
1.icac have very long arms and have no problem throwing you in jail for longer then some murder charges.
2. most people in councils hate each other and try all the time to get dirt on each other so again the police or icac will have you in its sights.
3. just like the very prominent strathfield developer and a alderman that ended up being video you will find yourself in hotter water then a lobster in a chinese restaurant.
no do like the big boys do

big boys give them jobs when they leave there position in or on council and thats ok
so you give iou's to be redeemed when they leave council
be very difficult to sting you on an iou as it has no monitary value until redeemed.
and brown bags were used not for speed as it doesn't speed it up any quicker but to stretch the envelope.
the paperbags cause unteen problems and unless you wish to get that knock on the door up to 7 years that they can go back and the person you give it to has to spend it on something and thats what they look for you to me not worth it.
but hay I value my freedom maybe a little to highly.

Section 94 Fees

Michael,
I have just scanned the thread so i may have missed something. Your feasibility has most likely been developed by now but does it include Council Section 94 fees? Not sure what they are in your area but they can be quite a considerable cost.

Regards
Alistair

hi all
even thou this was the case some time ago I highly recommend you don't follow it currently in any form.
(If all else fails, a yellow unmarked sealed envelope passed indiscretely under a nearby cafe table to your local councillor should fast track the process)
for a couple of every good reasons.

Gross I was only kidding buddy :p

RJ

Capital gains tax

I noticed in your feasibility study you had costs at $1.8 million
and value of property after developement completion at $2.4million. That gives you 600,000 profit before tax. That actually gives you three hundred thousand after capital gains.

Are you planning to hold the buildings or sell and cop the Capital gains tax.

Back