Looking for PM - Brisbane Northside

Hello

my PPOR is going to become a rental in a few months, and I am looking for a good PM on the northside of brisbane (Banyo / Virginia Area)

Does anyone know good ones, and what things should I look out for to find a good PM.

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben

If you do a search (rather than reinvent the wheel:D) you'll find lots of posts to answer both your questions. If you're after a list of useful questions to assist when interviewing PM's I've compiled one that you may find helpful over at InvestEd. Just click on articles and look for real estate articles.

Happy PM hunting!

Call Angie at Bertie Real Estate on 3353 6255. they are really good and have huge discounts if you have multiple properties...lots of things free too that other agencies charge for.

I havent had a chance to call either of those places. I was going to call around the local places first, as they are only about 600M away (Eroll Williams / LJ hooker) and I thought maybe this would mean they would manage it better ???

But I will give those places a call as well, and compare all their fees. Most places seem to charge about 8.35 - 8.8% + first weeks rent when finding new tennants, is this about standard ? I only have one IP, so I cant really bargain much

Ben

Ben,

I'd be surprised if you didn't get 7.5% straight up. The RW Aspley group includes an office in Taigum at the shopping centre and at Bracken Ridge if thats any help. This is a bit of a free plug for them because I'm a happy client but I assure you there is nothing in it for me. They are managing one for me at Zillmere.

Distance is less of an issue these days with internet advertising and Bpay for rental payments.

Make sure you make your own mind up whatever you decide. Good luck.

MJK:D

distance isn't an issue these days...i know of PM's in brisbane that are managing properties up north cos the owner couldnt find a decent PM in the town...

the only real issue with distance is for quarterly inspections and the like but we're not talking 200km here...any agency in brisbane would happily take on your management.

have a look around, because there are some very good agencies around like the ones mentioned above who will do the job very well. check the prices too because anything higher than about 8.5 is very expensive...i think berties charge 7.5%+GST for the first property with discounts thereafter...

when you're interviewing also make sure you get the costs of postages and petties, inspections, advertising and the like...some agencies make up there money here - whilst other dont charge for them at all.

cheers

Definately call Carolyn Altoft at Northside First National on 3266 3555, she's the best there is. I live at Virginia and went to Banyo High as a kid, there's no-one better around here.

I wouldn't recommend Errol Williams.

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

Definately call Carolyn Altoft at Northside First National on 3266 3555, she's the best there is. I live at Virginia and went to Banyo High as a kid, there's no-one better around here.
Kevin

I hope you're not just saying because of your previous alliances?

Kevin

I hope you're not just saying because of your previous alliances?

Yes, of course I am....that's how I know she's the best there is. I have absolutely nothing to do with that business now, in fact obviously they are my competition, but the question was for a recommendation and I still haven't seen a better property manager anywhere.

I'd also be moving quickly to buy a property in the area too, it's going nuts.

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

I ended up going with the local LJ hooker for the property management. I bought the house from them, and the I know the principal as he was the agent I purchased the house from. He seems to be a very good bloke and knows the area, and alot of the people very well.

I will be giving them a set of keys this arvo and getting some photos done this arvo, so hopefully they have an add up by the weekend.

What are some clauses I should have in the property management paperwork to make sure that everything works out ok, also what should I have in the tennants paperwork as well, to makesure I dont get walked over by a tennant for forgetting some clauses or terms in the contract.

thanks

Ben

Keep an eye on it. I was told yesterday Lindsay's partner just walked out of the business and he is now left on his own.

Just what I was told......doesn't make it true.

He's probably the best of the agents in Banyo but that's not necessarily any great feat either.

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

I will just have to see how it goes.

I dropped off the forms today that I signed anyways.

If they dont manage it to my liking, then I will just have to look for another PM. But I will give them a shot.

I have to drop off some keys to them tommorow morn, I will see if I can pickup on anything.

Thanks for the heads up

Ben

No prob, didn't mean it as being derogative, just thought I'd let you know what I'd heard.

It's an excellent area to invest in, heaps of facilites and good growth. Only issue to watch location wise is the airport wanting to open more runways which will have an effect on Northgate, Banyo and part of Virginia.

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

yeah, the airport thing is a worry. but I will just have ti wait and see. From a google earth view, banyo is at 90deg to the runways, so I figure that it would only be the small planes that could actually fly overhead as the larger ones would have a turning circle thats too big and would end up over other suburbs.

But I will have to wait and see as at the moment, I only ever occasionally hear the small planes, never the jets.

Ben

Back