1 months rent not paid by vendor

I recently settled on a property that has a lease in place, settled on the 9th Jan and I was made to pay the vendor 9 days market rent as a full month was to be paid to me starting from the 1st of Jan,

I didnt receive a cent, the rent was paid to the vendor.

I called their lawyer this morning but the lady in charge of handling their case didnt want to talk to me, her secretary said she 'cant' talk to me.

I forwaded an email saying I want my rightful rent paid back, no reply as yet

So if this all goes pair shaped and she doesnt do anything to chase it up what can I do? its $1350 all up,
can I see legal aid on the cheap?

Thanks guys.

Who was the rent to be paid to - your PM?

You should have the contact details of the vendor on your sales contract. You can take him to small claims court for a $40 filing cost (thats the cost in Qld anyway). No need to involve lawyers for a sum that small.

Who was the rent to be paid to - your PM?

You should have the contact details of the vendor on your sales contract. You can take him to small claims court for a $40 filing cost (thats the cost in Qld anyway). No need to involve lawyers for a sum that small.

Thanks Boomtown :)

The rent goes to my bank account from DHA, I also called and spoke to them but it isnt their fault apparently so Im guessing because I paid the vendor 9 days rent their solicitor is responsible,

Sounds like that no adjustment was made at settlement for the rent.

I don't understand why you had to pay nine days rent to be reimbused 1 months rent, thats stupid, what normally happens is rent is paid th the vendor till settlement day, rent after settlement day is paid to the purchaser.

Seems like there has been a comunication breakdown.

I don't think he was supposed to be reimbursed 1 months rent, I think it was supposed to be paid to him direct from the tenant. Hence owing 9 days to the vendor for that part month?

Back