$100,000 cash

Fish is back with a teethy grin ( I hope) :D Ta Bundy and Jamie.

Jamie I have the smiles box on my left but can't get the faces to move over? Where/what is my user cp?

I have a question about offset accounts.

If i have a loan for 80k and put 85k in my offset account, will that automatically shut down the loan? If it doesn't I assume I'd be paying no interest. Offset accounts weren't invented in my bank when we got IP.

Hi fish

Try left clicking on them ;)

User CP is in the top left hand side of the page.

Loan would be interest free at 80K with 100% offset if they are not 100% like the nice one my credit union has :rolleyes: you may need 4 or 5 times that amout to go interest free. I would asume the bank would like you to keep the loan.....just incase they can get more money out of you in the future :p

bundy

Hi,

In the first thread on this (which Jamie provided a link to), I said that I'd spend a whole BIG lotto win on buying a load of properties, outright, to live on the rental income.

Six months later I've learnt something. I'd now spend that same figure on a 20-50% deposit for many, many properties. Hehe. I guess my outlook on risk has changed a little :)

-Regards

Dave

Thanks again Bundy I still can't get the smilies box to work but I'm happy with 2 varieties, 2 more than I had before this thread.
:D :)

I've found a heap of info on offset accounts in General Discussion - instant millionaire (i think??) pg 2.

dtk If you bought lots of properties with 20-50% deposit do you think you could still live off the rent? Would you go P&I or I only?

Hi Fish,

Be aware I was referring to what i said in the first thread on this subject, a big lotto win, like 30mil or something.

Yes they'd be IO loans. Then rents should cover that fairly easily. Rents are only half the story tho. If property went up 1% that year i'd have made 300k in capital growth... what happens when it goes up 12-15% like this year :D

-Dreams are free

Dave

I would split it.

Combine my $60k with someone else $60k and try and locate an IP (QLD????) and the other $40k would direct it into the stockmarket, i would assume it is a good time to invest into the stockmarket "bluechip companies which are still just as profitable as they always have been, though their share price isn't worth as much due to many investors jumping on the band wagon and investing into real estate".

Can anyone please let me know how i can get a picture under my name??? Tried under my profile for "Avatars" although there aren't any available or can't select to have any either.... :eek:

:D

Learner

Can anyone please let me know how i can get a picture under my name??? Tried under my profile for "Avatars" although there aren't any available or can't select to have any either....

I just created one myself, and it is in avatars, but you must actually create a .jpg or the like, and upload it as the bottom option in the avatars area. It must be small about 60x60 less than 10k.

Hope that helps a bit.... :)

PS: try these combinations, without the space in between:

: )
: (
: o
: D
; )
: p
: cool: I dont know if ths one works yet, lets see - :cool:

Thanks diamond,

Though the problem is on how to upload it. I've gone into "edit profiles" down to Avatars and then have gone into the section and by default it has the "no" and "no" only radio button. Whats the go here??? How do i change that or how do i upload the selected icon to be displayed under my name??? Appreciate your time....

:)

Learner

Hi Learner

I think you have to hit 30 posts before you can load a custom one.

Sim may change that one day when he gets tired of stats.

bundy

Back