100% loans

Which lender's still offer the 100% option for a purchase?

I know RAMS do - But I was hoping to utilize an offset account for transactional use which RAMS does not offer.

Anyone able to assist?

I would like to know the answer to this also.

Do any loan 100% without equity in another property?

I have a property with 80k equity although that was valued 6 months ago so never know what has happend since.

Kind regards,

Matt

Which lender's still offer the 100% option for a purchase?

I know RAMS do - But I was hoping to utilize an offset account for transactional use which RAMS does not offer.

Anyone able to assist?

Hi newto

Yes, there are still 100% lenders in the market

For owner occupiers, you can go to 100% with or without mortgage insurance with St George, plus link up an offset account

For investors, most of the 100% lenders want to see 20% equity in another property

However, the 100% lends are mainly reliant on strong incomes, so if you have plenty of serviceability (not just $1 monthly surplus) and no savings or no / limited equity, it is still possible to achieve good purchases with limited capital.

Do keep in mind, that if you have one loan with an offset account there is not much point in having another offet account. After all, offsets work with the percentage and percentage is the same whether in part or in whole.

Once you have one offset there is no real need to go hunting for another if that would mean compromising the actual deal or not being eligible with that other lender

Cheers
Kristine

Assuming it's for a PPOR the better options on the market are currently RAMS, St George, Suncorp (in no particular order).

None of them are ideal, if you can find an extra 3-4% you'll find that the figures add up for a fully featured 95% loan - LMI for a 100% loan is at least 1% more expensive than a 95% loan - a high cost for an extra 3-4%.

Last edited:
The 100% loans appear to be dropping out of sight very quickly. It wouldn't supprise me if RAMS pulls their policy given that Westpac did it a short while ago.

I've asked St George their opinion on them and was told that their 100% product range is here to stay, but you never can tell. At least they're not insured through the same channels.

Pete, Knowing SGB if they told you that the product was here to stay probably means it will be withdrawn on Tuesday.

Back