$100k net passive income shopping list.

Cheapo's wouldn't last a few days - skateboarded up to 20 hour per week.

As expensive shoes only lasted about 6 weeks he would pick up whatever was on special - generally spent about $70 to $90 a pair.

With that cane the expense of replacement skateboards that only lasted 2-6 weeks at $100 a pop.

The positive side of that was he started buying shoes and boards online from the US for a lot less because it got out of hand :(.

Ended up buying boards in bulk and selling them at the skate parks for a profit of about $35 each in the end {usually made about $300 pm}
I'm not sure what the kids are doing to these skateboards? I used to skateboard over 20hrs a week and would go through a couple of boards a year. In fact, there was an article from a professional skateboarder about the struggles of a skateboarder ranked outside the top 10 in the world. He stated he went through 10 board a year. I imagine he'd be skating much more than 20hrs per week. No idea how they are breaking a board within 2 weeks, I'd tell them to look after their stuff better rather than fork out that much money.

I'm not sure what the kids are doing to these skateboards? I used to skateboard over 20hrs a week and would go through a couple of boards a year. In fact, there was an article from a professional skateboarder about the struggles of a skateboarder ranked outside the top 10 in the world. He stated he went through 10 board a year. I imagine he'd be skating much more than 20hrs per week. No idea how they are breaking a board within 2 weeks, I'd tell them to look after their stuff better rather than fork out that much money.

I assure you he went through at least one every six weeks.

One got a crack in it on the very first day of use. I was paying for these so i remember well.

The reason, he was jumping on them from up to 1.5m and doing different tricks, not just straight out skating.

This started to happen around the 3 rd year onwards.

In the early years they lasted at least a few months.

One pair of good shoes got a hole in them on the first w/e of use as well before discovering a protective coating you can apply to protect them - forms a hard clear plastic like surface.

OK, I admit I haven't read every post in this thread but from what I saw no-one has factored in any expenses related to ongoing IP mortgages, rates or expenses. Is the $100,000 passive income after all IP related expenses or are people assuming all loans are paid off by retirement?
If not, investment expenses can easily chew up a large amount of retirement income unless all loans are paid off which obviously will impact on quality of retirement.

Back