103% finance

Did I read on here somewhere about a lender introducing 103% finance?

I must be going mad (or son starting school this week :)) as I read it recently and for the life of me I can't find where.

Regards
Steve

No offense but I know who my aggregator deals with. My question related to soemthing that may have been posted on this forum. I thought I remembered seeing something and meant to follow-up what I read.
I'm not seeking any assistance except for the actual thread as I couldn't find it. It may even be the case I read it somewhere else but something in the back of my mind says it was here.

Regards
Steve

Steve

"Westpac's new 103.7 % lvr investment loan" sound familiar...

the thread has been amended. It was posted circa last week...

I know this as as I cut and pasted it to my RM to say - whats this about but net response was no such product.

Yes, I've been looking for that post, too - asked credit, no such product.

But - there's always something that someone else has heard about before me, so I thought perhaps Rolf was on to something.

After all, many lenders will lend to 105% for a purchase, but the small print says provided that there is another security property.

Equally, the Fast Track and the Family Pledge and the Family Guarantee programs will go to 105% for a purchase and Fast Track will go to 110% if some consumer debt is refinanced at the same time (usually to bring serviceability in to line).

So the 103%LVR was not so remarkable and one day, maybe baby, there will be such a product stand alone.

And after all, I have a 106% lender, done lots of scenarios but haven't written a loan for them in four & half years, don't know why - close to standard variable rates, will lend for stamps etc - perhaps people feel guilty 'it's all too easy, we should feel the pain a bit first!' type of thing.

Cheers
Kristine

Steve

"Westpac's new 103.7 % lvr investment loan" sound familiar...

the thread has been amended. It was posted circa last week...

I know this as as I cut and pasted it to my RM to say - whats this about but net response was no such product.

Thanks for that Richard. That's exactly the response I was after. In the back of my mind I thought it was Westpac but their site makes no mention of it. I was sure I read it but thought I was going mad as I couldn't find it.

Regards
Steve

Hiya

The post was tongue in cheek....................however on that same day we got a 103.7 % LVR sole secured 7.99 fixed for 5 years loan through on a high density unit blick through Westpac.

Dont think we could do it again.........long story.

Even have a couple of loans in clients' portfolio with an infinite LVR :)

My point at the time was to illustrate that not all finance people could or should know of all things available at any one particular point in time

ta
rolf

Back