10th Wedding Anniversay ideas

Hiya

It's our 10th Wedd Ann on 9th jan and I would really like to surprise my lovely wife.

I'm thinking a room in the city that can accomodate pampering packages, lunch, dinner and theatre at night.

I am aware that tin and aluminium is the recommended gift for 10th year however I would really appreciate some other ideas :rolleyes:

It's also out boys BDay the next day so can't really do a huge all nighter, especially now as we need a few days to recover :(

Cheers and merry chrissie to all :D

how about shares

Why not get her a couple of grand worth of Alcoa shares or similar? Might be good buying soon.

Sounds romantic to me! LOL

I can never go wrong by getting Mr OO a horse.

Attachments

• dec2008 001.JPG
    dec2008 001.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 64
I like the share idea... I would have thought it was cute. :p

I know at Big W these days you can get a book printed with your own photos - maybe you could do a book with some photos from the past 10 years together.

I know that this is something that my man would not even think about but would be well received and is so easy to do it is not funny.;)

Good luck with it.....I am sure you will work something out.

I'm impressed that you're putting so much thought into a gift or experience- if only more men were as romantic as you! :)

We had our 20th wedding anniversary this year (ok I was married young like 12 ;):D) and we spent a lovely week in Port Douglas, thanks to my initiative and organisation- or else it wouldn't have happened! Still, it was great and I'd highly recommend it! First time we'd been that long away from the kids together ever. Very relaxing :)

Happy Anniversary!!

Our 10th Wedding anniversary was spent on a trip across Australia on the Indian Pacific in a Deluxe Cabin - http://www.gsr.com.au/our-trains/indian-pacific/gold-service.php ... much larger than the standard cabins.

We then spent a week in Perth and southern WA and flew home to Sydney.

I'm hoping we may be able to spend our 15th anniversary next year on a small yacht touring the Galapagos - not sure we'll be able to afford that though :(

For our 10th wedding anniversary, my husband arranged a surprise long weekend away for us. He got my parents to come and look after our many children, and arranged flights and rooms so we went back to where we spent our honeymoon (Cable Beach in Broome). We spent time walking through the town (looking in realestate windows of course), walking along the beach as a storm came in, ate, talked, swam. This was really special, and it was a surprise, and I am lucky to have my husband!:)

We had 14 hours away from the kids for our tenth wedding anniversary... :p I don't think we bought each other anything, but I did get a magnificent 5-diamond eternity ring when our twins were born, just before our 7th anniversary.

I don't think you can go wrong with a ring - especially if you get it somewhere that she can exchange it if she would like a different design - or with a holiday. ;)

Hey Mate
Just go down to the local florist, buy a big bunch of flowers and a large ribbon.

Put the flowers in a spot she will find them.

Then the big surprise:p

Wrap the ribbon around yourself . Tie a BIG Bow at the front and surprise her ;)

Gee Cee

The romantic type:)

Just re- read your post that aluminium is a essential at 10 yrs.
Perhaps a slab of 30 cans or a real big surprise!!
New tinny runabout for fishing and bonding weekends :)

Hey Mate
Just go down to the local florist, buy a big bunch of flowers and a large ribbon.

Put the flowers in a spot she will find them.

Then the big surprise:p

Wrap the ribbon around yourself . Tie a BIG Bow at the front and surprise her ;)

Gee Cee

The romantic type:)

What about those husbands who only require a little bow :p:D

Back