$110 disconnection fee for power

hi everyone

is this normal,

ive connected power to a site in nsw, for 10 days for a reno,

got a no contract fee plane etc etc.

however have been charged $110 for final meter reading fee???

im not very happy with this, and am thinking for the future, ill borrow next doors power and pay them $50

There never used to be. I think I paid about half that. Oh well, another reason to jack the rent up. The cost of living is so cheap! lol.

Just depends upon your energy supply contract. Mmmm may be worth a read to check what you'd signed up for.

yeah i agree, I specifically asked for a plan with no contracts or exit fees, at the cost of higher electricity rates,'
but when I enquried today , I got told its a supplier charge from the supplier and not from the engery company, and that everyone gets charged it,

I dont recall getting it charged for my other ones to be honest

what does everyone here do for short renos upon settlement that require power

Almost cheaper to buy your own small generator, pretty harsh. Does the property have a smart meter? You'd think they would be cheaper to disconnect if so.

TMNT,
That's the going rate for disconnection and final reading.

simtr,re:smart meters,i don't know about nsw but in vic,some smarts are still be reconnected by field officers.2-3 retailers are doing the reconnect remotely but there are still 'issues'.
As for smarts being cheaper to reconnect/disconnect,you'd think so but NO.

That may work Dave if the fuse hasn't been removed at poa or other methods.

That said though,a short stint i did in nsw,vacant props are mostly disconnected via the main switch only(sticker over main switch).
If it's a burnt out shell,well you may find disconnection via fuse removal and or meter rotation,disconnection from pole and power lines cut etc.

It does depend upon the energy supplier: Integral always disconnect the power so no likelihood of anyone using it, Energy Aust usually flick the switch. Not sure about the others.

Back