Land at Rutherford NSW ( Hunter Valley Community title though )

HI

Im looking at purchasing some land at Rutherford NSW Hunter Valley. Its not badly priced at $175K for a 679sq metre block. Most othe land in the area at that size goes for about $180 - 190K or more. This block im looking at is also perfectly flat and no tress at all ready to build basically. The thing that throws me off is it a community title and lot owners must pay $1 a day for the upkeep of the parklands ie grass mowing hedge trimming etc. Im just thinking its just another bill and will also go up with inflation etc and I can see potential buyers later on down the track being turned off to buy the property sue to this charge. Its going to have 450 home sites when completed so its alot of money that pools together. Im just wondering what everyones ideas are it will be my ppor. I offered $160K for the block got told they are only taking list price I then made an offer of $170K which I found decent but still told me list price. Its the first stage being released and im thinking prices will just keep going up as stages go on am I better biting the bullet and buying the block now or waiting for the future. Also what is everyones view on community title its still torrens title but this annoying little fee is for every lot owner to pay am I better off just buying a normal block without the community title. Also whats the kind of standard price people get off when buying a block of land I found it strange they wont accept offers.

Thanks

I would look closer at buying into somewhere that's going to have 450 similar properties unless it's PPOR as then it's different. But otherwise what's going to drive your price up?

As for discount if they accept a lower offer then that price becomes the new value of the land, other people who go to buy will find their valuation doesn't stack up.

Back