$1300 to replace gas service?

Got a quote to fix gas leak on IP in Rutherford. Is $1300 reasonable?

Including excavation of trench under the front yard, step up on timber floor beams abd run service to the cooktop reconnecting to Copper pipe dropper. Not including excavations of rocks.

Just want to make sure

This is part of being a landlord - you need to insist a second quote if you feel it's not good value.

Thanks DAve. Just talked to PM, she said she's very comfortable with the plumber having used them for 9 years and recommended to accept the quote. I guess that's ok for now then :-|

The price seems about right considering the job you've described. If you want a second opinion though I'm sure you could get another plumber to check it would within 24 hours. Alternatively you can say to your agent you'll approve it for say $1100 if you want to knock down the price.
A gas leak can be pretty serious though, so potentially delaying the repair is not in your best interest. Cheers

The price seems about right considering the job you've described. If you want a second opinion though I'm sure you could get another plumber to check it would within 24 hours. Alternatively you can say to your agent you'll approve it for say $1100 if you want to knock down the price.
A gas leak can be pretty serious though, so potentially delaying the repair is not in your best interest. Cheers

Thanks, have instructed PM to go ahead. I do prefer to have this fixed asap, it's just the plumber took 1 week to provide a quote after visiting the place :confused:

Back