2. TV Antenna are who's responsibility ?

I have a query, pertaining to my investment property in Victoria.

2. TV Antenna are who's direct responsibility ?

i.e. Does the owner pay for their repair directly or pay via the body corporate ? i.e. is it considered common property ?

From the main building TV antenna and antenna wiring to the unit, I would have thought to be a common property element. Yet I have been quoted for the installation of an antenna for my tenants via an antenna company, via the managing agent.

I just want to get it right so I'm not paying directly for something that should be treated as common and that antennas are not being installed unnecessarily and duplicated etc...

Thanks
16 Oct 2006
:confused:

In all of our apartments, they are considered landlord's responsibility - even though they (the aerials) are often installed on common property (and often without BC approval!)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Thanks. Yeah I just got advise from my Body Corp who said that also. I would have thought though it be more cost effective to have a communal one. perhaps there are technical issues involved that complicate things.

Can I hijack and ask for myself...

My block has a free to air tv hooked into an antenna on the top of the unit block does the body corp pay if a service call is needed due to poor reception and the unit may need a new socket.

I assume it is like plumbing that is piped into each unit. Yeah?

Man on exec told me it is the owners prob. I suspect that the outlets in each unit should be maintained by body corp since the antenna is installed by them. In which case body corp should reimburse owner for service call. y/n?

At the end of the day, the body corp is made up of the owners. If the majority of owners agree that aerials should be a body corp matter, and that all members should input money to maintain/repair the system, then that is fine.

It may simply be a matter of raising the motion at a body corp meetings, and drumming up enough support.

Cheers,

The Y-man

One of my body corps maintains the atenna simply because it has a booster for the 6 units in the block. Owners are responsible for the connection from within their units.

Back