$250k to spend on an IP. Where?

Thankyou all for your comments regarding Port Macquarie. I think you talked me out of it. My only thoughts were that being close to the beach would have to yeild a long term benefit.

Just 2 more questions, Is now the best time to buy ie will the market drop in the next few months? I know that vague so sorry about that. I have heard prices in the US have dropped. Will we follow?

Where do you think is some good places to spend $250k?

Thankyou all for your help. I really value your comments.

Thanks

Andrew

honestly i dont think there is a specific area to target atm.
depends on what your after. me n the GF are looking to get another soon but were after a place we can play with (well i am lol)

I think if the numbers add up well then purchase it

As for pricing, if it drops it drops. if your numbers look good then a small drop wont bother u to much as it will come round sooner or later

Kingston, south side of Brisbane, between there and the Gold Coast. Prices have just dropped and I think they're set to increase in about a year or so...my hunch...:D

Just 2 more questions, Is now the best time to buy ie will the market drop in the next few months?
With a buget of $250K you will be competing with FHB's up until 30 June 2009 as they take up the fed's & states grant money. Prices may even rise during this time. If it were me I'd buy this side of X-mas, the FHB's are off planning holidays & parties right now.

I have heard prices in the US have dropped. Will we follow?

No, and here's the reason why:
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46394

Where do you think is some good places to spend $250k?

How about in your own backyard in SYD - usually the first 2 or 3 IPs should be around an area you know well & can research easily.

Young house in Sydney south west that come up for auction ( preferably mortgagee sale). That should provide you with CF+ after depreciation.

Sunshine West good sized blocks, 12km from CBD via freeway or arterial roads, trains, uni, public hospitals and schools all close buy. Rents in the 250 to 300 range for 3 bedroom houses. This suburb is gold if you ask me.

It is just to close to the CBD to be ignored it is also close to a lot of employment in the western industrial zones around laverton this area is hugely busy take a drive through there during the day the number of trucks coming and going is incredible.

With Melbournes population growth projected to be 5 million by 2020 the inner west properties will continue to grow at higher then average.

All this is my opinion only though and I am biased because I have one property in this area.

Back