3 Houses for sale Brisbane

Hi Suggo,

Whats the reason for selling if you don't mind me asking?
Buying and selling costs money, you will also have to pay CGT........

cheers

Well, we have found a house we would like to live in, so it is just changing around the plan a little. Also if we are unable to sell all the houses we won't be too dissappointed, it will just consolidate our postion and create positive cashflow on the other properties. I realise this may not be 'the' best way to do things in financial terms, but it will just release a little pressure on our cashflow if nothing else(we are also considering having children and thought it would be alot easier with positive cashflow than the drain they are at the moment)

Suggo - we're going to need a lot more information than what you have provided for this to be not just an advert (which is not allowed). This forum is for discussing deals and learning, not for advertising.

For starters, rents as Jamie requested, plus also a much closer indication of expected selling price (or just give us an expected yield).

How about information about the area - how do these properties compare to others in the area and are there any key differentiators ?

Why would an investor be interested in these properties ?

Lots more info please.

Jamie, the current rents for the peoperties are as follows

10 Turnmill Street Macgregor
$250 per week, finishes 8/04, expected sellig price would be $260000-yeild 5%

14 Veivers Street Macgregor
$230 per week, finishes 10/05, expected selling price $260000- yeild 4.6%

36 Humber Salisbury
$210 per week, finishes this month, expected selling price $305000-yeild 3.5%

All of these properties could be rented out at a bit higher rate, we always liked full vacancy so have kept the rents on the low side.
From what we have seen via RP data info and the other houses in the area I believe these are reasonablly price houses for the time (the selling prices are not neg)

Any other infomation needed please feel free to ask.

Sim, I apoligise. I didn't read the rules first (I know I should have!).
(I hope this has satisfied the requirements!)

Suggo,
just a quick question,with your Salisbury property how long have you held that property
and in maintenance terms has there been any major done in the period of your ownership of the property.i have rentals near Salisbury,i just find it hard to obtain high rent returns in those areas, but the sale price is in line with the area.
good luck.
willair..

suggo said:
(we are also considering having children and thought it would be alot easier with positive cashflow than the drain they are at the moment)

Hi Suggo.

We were under the same impression re cost of kids - we found it doesnt HAVE to be so bad.

We did a simple budget for what a little tacker would cost us, and at the time I thought we were being quite conservative. Turns out we did it for a lot less than we originally planned. Overall we run our ips at cash -ve, but we still have a nice family $ buffer in place.

Anyway, this was just a little off topic, but if you havent done so, put together a budget and run some numbers?

ps. kids rock!

Gosh, are you talking "girl" children? My 2 girls are fantastically expensive things: private school, clothes are always getting too small, tennis lessons, ballet lessons, music lessons, language lessons, going on holidays (almost same cost as adults for economy discounted air fares), restaurants now they want adult sized portions but they eat only 60%, need to upgrade the car to something bigger and it just goes on and on. 2 girls in Tokyo budget for $50K/year!

Certainly kids are the most expensive things I have ever “owned” :D

Of course it is "god's trick" or "law of nature" that they are also the best things that have ever happened to me, I love them too much!

Willair, we haven't done anything real major to it, bit of plumbing and a little bit of paint but not much else. We have had the property for about three years now. As I stated I think the rent is on the low side and we had quite a number of applications last time it was vacant (it has only been vacant for a week since we have had it)

Jum, thanks for the advice. We haven't really run any numbers as far as budgets with children go, it's a good idea. We'll give it a try. Thanks!

willair said:
Suggo,
just a quick question,with your Salisbury property how long have you held that property
and in maintenance terms has there been any major done in the period of your ownership of the property.i have rentals near Salisbury,i just find it hard to obtain high rent returns in those areas, but the sale price is in line with the area.
good luck.
willair..

Dear Suggo,

How did you go, or did you decide not to sell?

I noticed that the three are not listed anymore. ;)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Back