350-400 new blocks, existing area/population of 13500, effect on the area?

Just wondering your thoughts on what effect might be. The area is predominantly middle class, median is probably $500 - $550k, existing facilities, major freeway with industrial and commercial areas on the next suburb. The blocks average around 400m2 and from what I've seen so far, the houses being built are predominantly 2 storeys. Conservative 2.5 per household, possible new population increase of around 900-1000 or more in the next 2-3 years.

So what are possible opportunities to service these new households?

Would these changes affect the economy of the area?

Any other thoughts?

What is the economy of a population of 13,500 be anyway? You're talking about a possible increase in population of perhaps less than 10% over the next few years.

Just remember, if one more horse moves into a one horse town, we've just witnessed 100% growth overnight.:p Investing opportunity? ....perhaps not.

Any other thoughts?
Stay out of one horse towns unless you can wait a long time for CG. Other than that, if you want to "speculate" as different from "invest", then as a general rule only use 10% of your wealth to do so.;)

Sometimes it pays off, sometimes not.

Last edited:
Just wondering your thoughts on what effect might be. The area is predominantly middle class, median is probably $500 - $550k, existing facilities, major freeway with industrial and commercial areas on the next suburb. The blocks average around 400m2 and from what I've seen so far, the houses being built are predominantly 2 storeys. Conservative 2.5 per household, possible new population increase of around 900-1000 or more in the next 2-3 years.

So what are possible opportunities to service these new households?

Any other thoughts?

Sounds like you are talking about an infill development, somewhat like Waverley Park, rather than a regional town, correct?

If so, I'd see the building of new houses put pressure on any older properties to rejuvenate. I guess congestion on services (transport, shopping, medical, etc) would be the biggest concern, but if the new "estate" has some of this included, it would only be a good thing, IMO.

Back