4x4 12v power question(s)

Hi guys!

Just bought a 1997 40th anniv 80 series cruiser on LPG and petrol.
I'm wanting to know about the 12 system, does this just mean I can power lights n stuff from the cigarette lighter? or is this for caravans?

Also, I notice you have to hold down the lighter for it to heat, is this o.k? My old vehicle is a press and pop, where it pops out at you once heated.

Thanks guys

The lighter should be a "press and pop" - probably broken.

Not sure about your 12V question, but if you are powering up lighting and fridge etc, use a second deep cycle battery (there are kits avalable for this). Otherwise you risk having a flat bettery in the morning.

The Y-man

Agree with Y-man. Plus you can have it set up so it always starts from the original battery and charges that battery first, and accessories always power from the second (deep cycle) battery.

You can run 12v lights and stuff but just so long as they dont go over the max amp for that lighter socket (should be around 20 - 30 amps). One other thing with that petrol engine on gas make sure you get your valve clearences checked reg because if you dont you run the chance of burning out a valve and the last one we did through work (toyota dealership) was about $3500+

Back