5 acre + PPOR Melbourne, VIC

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some areas that we can consider to buy a 5 acre plus PPOR that is within 1hrs drive/train of Melbourne CBD (my work) and Werribee (husband's work).

We are from interstate and have made the move to Victoria due to work relocation. We have a budget of around 600k. We need at least 5 acres due to my horses..

So far we have been looking at:
Gisborne
Lovely Banks
Lara
Bacchus Marsh

Thanks in advance.

I used to live on 5 acres in Lara, and would probably choose it over Lovely Banks and Bacchus Marsh. No idea about Gisborne though.

The closest shops etc to Lovely Banks are in areas with a lot of socio-economic problems (eg Corio), whereas Lara has its own shops and schools (and supposedly a new supermarket on the way). Lara's not without its own issues, but far less so than the 3214 post code.

For me Lara appeals more than Bacchus Marsh, as Torquay and the Great Ocean Rd are about 35 mins away, Geelong is 20 mins away and Melbourne 40 mins (off-peak).

As mentioned there's also Little River, which is a lot quieter again but a little bit closer to Melbourne.

I should point out that for the Melbourne commute I believe it's pretty hard to get a seat these days by the time the train reaches Lara and Little River, and driving is a nightmare now that Point Cook is so populated.

Good luck with the search!

try toolern Vale...its a beautiful place and is expected to grow significantly over the next few years with a population boom in the Melton area.

good luck

Back