6 unit build costs

Finance and presales are the other important parts of the equation.

Do you have the cash to finance the build or are you reliant on a lender? If so, will they finance it with such a slender margin?

on site yes. 2 storey structural panels are constructed off site and stood in a day with a crane. Like concrete tilt panel but instead light steal framed insulated panel.

on site yes. 2 storey structural panels are constructed off site and stood in a day with a crane. Like concrete tilt panel but instead light steal framed insulated panel

Panelbuild?

You have probably already thought of this, but what about trying to yield more dwellings from the site? Or are you already at the zoning limit?

More units of a smaller type perhaps - drop the 3 beds to 2 beds, and add some 1 bedders?

Without knowing the area, hard to make a call as to whether this is suitable.

Other options - could the yields stack up if some of the units are NRAS, and hold them for a while?

Hi all - just by way of an update. I found a builder who did it for the original price made around 20% and am moving on. The builder were not without their issues believe me but I got the thing up which is the main thing. Thanks for all your feedback. Onto the next one!

Which builder did you use if you don't mind me asking.

Build prices have gone up quite a bit for a few of my regular developers and I'm always looking to help them out to squeeze a bit more margin wherever possible.

Even if you send me a PM if you prefer that would be much appreciated!

Back