80% no-doc residential loan to $2.5m

Hiya Ross

Sounds great, current max "mainstream" 80 % lo doc is JP Morgan Funded at around 8 to 8.2 % at a mill for a single security.

Haven't heard of mortgage street before - hope you are right, but sounds to me like an aggregated total using more than one security.

Thats now out to well over 3 mill.

ta

rolf

Whats the interest rate & establishment fees & setup costs??
Also, Whos the underwiter(Mortgage Insurer)?? Themselves??

Juzz

Would be interested to know if they're part of a bigger company.

Just to make sure I don't buy shares in them ......

See Change

Low Doc loans have a comparable default rate to full doc loans. Why would you not want shares in a company that will make a lot of money?

By the way, Jumbo low doc has been around a while. On aggregated limits, 2.5M is nothing special. It would be nice to see it on 1 security but I doubt it if they are securitised lenders. If they are not, the interest rate will be huge!!!

I know a couple of the guys who work for Mortgage St on the Gold Coast and guess what I have a mortgage st broker pack sitting right in front of me.

Just looking at their Product matrix and the maximum loan amount for a full doc loan is $2.0mil, lo doc $800k. They securitise which means mortgage insurance is required. Funders are Prime, Origin and interstar.

You will probably find that the so called lo doc mentioned in this thread is actually a Full doc loan with origin as I know they will do $2.4mil full doc as it is not mortgage insured. Origin is one of the funders my employer has access to.

Hiya

GE has recently lifted their max lo doc exp to 1 mill at 80 % for a single security.

So that means access to around standard type rates through the AMP's and Mac type lenders should soon flow through.

ta
rolf

see_change said:
Would be interested to know if they're part of a bigger company.

Just to make sure I don't buy shares in them ......

See Change

Ditto !

A lot of these low doc thingies are going to come back and bite lenders in the bum in time to come.

So said the MD of Westpac recently (in more polite terms, albeit)

JamesP

lodocs

Well guys with me posting a zero tax return for the last 2 years (hehehehehe) the lodoc is the godsend I needed and will continue to need in the forseeable future.

GE used to be 750 and PMI 800 for lo doc exposure. If one has lifted their exposure limit, the other will follow suit shortly and I will get to go shopping sooner. Yeeeeee haaaaa!!!!

For your interest guys, units and townhouses are having a surge in SEQ at the moment in pricing. Houses remain a bit flat though. Go look at most agents online to see what I mean. I usually target the Logan Central area on postcode 4114.

Get into it quick guys I see a wave forming.

Have fun

DD

DD1 said:
For your interest guys, units and townhouses are having a surge in SEQ at the moment in pricing. Houses remain a bit flat though. Go look at most agents online to see what I mean. I usually target the Logan Central area on postcode 4114.

Get into it quick guys I see a wave forming.

Have fun

DD

Sounds almost a bit like a ramp DD1. :rolleyes:

My understanding is that First home owners are buying units and townhouses because they've been priced out of the house market . This started at least a year ago , and if you bought a unit / townhouse a year ago you would have gone forwards, while buying a house in logan would have gone backwards over the same time frame.

This is something I have noted in most markets in the last few years, with houses tending to be the first to move, then to be followed by the unit market.

These are the same townhouses / units that were sitting on the market at around 40 K 3-4 years ago. They're now selling over 100K.

I'd be suprised if they have significantly more gain as the prices of houses is coming down to meet them .

A start of a new wave ...... :confused: :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

See Change

Hiya JP

The foreclosure rate to my understanding (from data direct from a medium size securitised lender) is no worse than standard lending. Assumptions have been made by APRA for example on the basis that because the delinquency rate on Lo docs is higher, that they present a higher risk to the funder.

Quite simply thats rubbish (IMHO) since most lo doc lends are 1 mortgage insured, and 2 if they arent, the LVR margin is generally enough for the lender to get out unscathed UNLESS the market turns.

ta

rolf

houses vs townhouses/units

The exact story I have been telling people is that the little gremlins saving for their first home 3 years ago were targetting the $80k homes which are now $180k. Opps too late there so the pressure is on with more people moving in the vacancy rate is next to zero and rents are starting to rise because of it.

The recent sales(6) that have passed through my books are 2 x $115k 1 x $110k 1 x $107.5k and 2 x $113.5k (one seller 2 buyers). These as always are the entry level properties and there were 4 in woodridge and 2 in Cairns in that mix.

So the $100k now is more like $120k average and the last $15-20k has been in the last few months. So me buying one in December for $99k and one in Feb for $100k, both through private sales, have on paper netted me $30-40k now.

The second reason the townhouses are doing well is that with the threshhold for land tax at $260k in Qld you find those with several houses as IP's may have a small balance available before hitting that number. This encourages these people to buy in the townhouse market to get a limited ($21k on average ) land compoment to keep them below the threshhold and not pay land tax.

First home buyers, 1200 new bodies a week moving into the SEQ area and new houses out south of Ippy not keeping up with demand, all indicates to me that things will continue to nudge closer to the house prices which have stalled for now.

A 5 acre site in Woodridge has been approved for 85 luxury 3 bedder townhouses to be constructed by a local builder. They will be marketted to interstate buyers for $230k each when completed in 18 months. So apples to apples with Sydney or Melbourne townhouses of a similar calibre would encourage the resales of a lot of the now $120k townhouses up to about the $170k mark in 2 years.

Sea change, I may sound like a ramp but the intention was to inform people that were "thinking about it" and not buying now to have a look for themselves.

Most of my loans are lodocs as I couldnt be stuffed to go to a bank directly for a loan, im too busy finding deals.

Im off to Brizzy for next weeks meeting so maybe if you are a brisbanite i could discuss it further with you then.

DD1

Back