95%LVR + quick topup

Spoke to the sellers agent, they told me it had a valuation done in August last year that came in at 240K(I believe them).

I'm tossing up between CBA 7.31% and NAB 7.07% packages, Any compelling reasons why CBA would be worth the extra .24%?

Spoke to the sellers agent, they told me it had a valuation done in August last year that came in at 240K(I believe them).

I'm tossing up between CBA 7.31% and NAB 7.07% packages, Any compelling reasons why CBA would be worth the extra .24%?

Sometimes it's more than just rates....

You can do better than 7.31% at the CBA. They've pointed you to a product which might not be ideal for you. The only reason you'd go for this product is the MISA account (which is a very average version of an offset account). You might also use it if you're planning on purchasing more properties in the very near future.

The big banks aren't really competing for smallish loans under $250k. You may be better served if you look outside of the major lenders.

cash out or loan top up at 80-85% - bank will allow personal uses and may just ask for some proof.

At 90%+ , has a higher chance of rejection... especially with the LMI; because if you use it for personal uses the "value" depreciates....VS buying a investment.

All about risk migration.

Regards
Michael

Thanks for the replies guys! So hard to get the underlining rules the banks don't publish

The minor reno must be done, concrete floors. The reason I think it's undervalued is because the market is very weak and it has minor faults, people are getting nicely done up places cheap so why go to any effort?

They tried to auction it but no-one registered to bid.

No sales in the block since 2009 when there were three sales with a median of 290K(market has taken a dive since then about 10%) I put in 205K and they took it, my brother is a builder and he quoted me 7K max to get it up to scratch.

rental yield gross 7.1% net 4.6%
Capital gain 25year history 7.23%(Including 10% price drop)

Any criticism would be highly valued.... That's what the 5 day cooling off period is for!
southport/labrador is hit hardest in GC market slump. had one property there valued last week 10% less than what we paid 3 years ago :(

and it's still falling, dont know if it's good idea to get into it now?

:confused: So I could buy a new car / holiday but not an income-producing asset. May I ask the reasoning behind this?

Bank logic : )

there are lots of better ones, like

Im sorry sir, you cant afford that loan on IO, so we will reduce tyour risk and allow it on PI

Im sorry Miss, you are rent reliant, you have one job, and 14 IPs.......so all your tennants may run away, but we are sure you will keep your job

ta'rolf

... post-settlement is considered to be an Internal Refinance, and refinance is generally limited to 90% + LMI ...

Do NAB limit post settlement internal refinances to 90% + LMI, or will they got to 95% + (pro-rata) LMI?

Does the increase to the loan on refinance have to be for a minimum amount? i.e. Do you need enough equity to be able to increase the total lend by a minimum of '?' amount above the original loan amount?

Thanks
Angela

Back