A clearer example of herd mentality?

I was talking to a fellow the other day that said he was seriously considering buying an Investment Property now.

I asked him a few questions but the most telling was:

Q. Why do you want to buy a property right now?

A. Well.........almost everyone I know seems to be buying now!

As a species we really do get comfort from this don't we?

If all his friends were to lose money then I got the distinct impression that he wouldn't really feel too bad.............because everyone else lost money too!

:confused:

A lot of this "Herd mentality" is fuelling this property Boom.

Try to move in different directions to the herd. Usually by the time the herd have finally cottoned on to a particular area, and have the guts to take the plunge - Boom's almost over.

Everyone who has been in the game for the past 5-10 years are laughing, those getting in now had better test the water to make sure they don't get burnt.

Go the Herd!!!!!!

BUNDY:eek:

G'day Alan H,
Q. Why do you want to buy a property right now?
A. Well.........almost everyone I know seems to be buying now!

As a species we really do get comfort from this don't we
You've gotta be right with that one, Alan.

It happens in restaurants with so many people "What you having, Alan?"
"I reckon I'll have the Prawns/pasta/artichoke hearts/whatever"
"yeah, sounds good - waiter, I'll have what he's having!!!"

A fair chunk of humanity seem to want to "only do what others are doing". And, yeah, I can only think it is a "comfort" thing....

I guess some HAVEN'T been given the chance (early in life) to make their own choices..... Every choice they made as a youngster was "wrong/inappropriate" - so they learn to "only do what Mum/dad/others are doing...." And it stuck !!! (Don't do what YOU want to do - do what others are doing....)

So I guess we all have a debt of gratitude to the families WE grew up in. If not for them, WE may not be HERE (in the forum)!!!

Regards,

But Les
Does that mean that if we are HERE, others will follow :rolleyes:
BTW, what are you having for dinner ?
I guess seeing not too many are selling out just yet, I might stay in for a while :D
jahn

Les

"yeah, sounds good - waiter, I'll have what he's having!!!"
Hey wait on. Damn. I don't drink. What now? :eek:

Which way did the herd go? (Glad you didn't say steak) :rolleyes:

jahn

G'day Jahn,
Which way did the herd go?
One of my bosses (from about 12 years back) had a sign on his wall that I loved. It said,
When you're running with the herd, don't stumble !!! Getting up can be a real bitch !!!

Perhaps that could be the byline for this whole thread !!! ;)

Regards,

Les
LMAO
Sorry, can't reply to that one. :D
PS Is there a short abbreviation for "I have trouble with my eyes, there leaking "?
jahn

Back