A crash in property prices? Don't bet on it

:D I consider my house/home/PPOR/IP/anything else I own/whatever, for sale to whoever is willing to give me a good price.

... except of family members I suppose ... and pets ... but that's all. Everything else is merely a material possession that can be replaced with the next good deal.

What? You won't sell to pets?

You obviously are not settled and comfortable in your skin. Nothing to brag about.

:confused: No, that's not the case at all and I wasn't 'bragging'. I simply like to either build from scratch or buy a PPOR, improve it, then move on to the next one. It's a kind of hobby and has resulted in some nice little profits and us owning our PPOR outright before I turned 30 (yes, that's a brag).

:confused: No, that's not the case at all and I wasn't 'bragging'. I simply like to either build from scratch or buy a PPOR, improve it, then move on to the next one. It's a kind of hobby and has resulted in some nice little profits and us owning our PPOR outright before I turned 30 (yes, that's a brag).

I think thats a brag you are entitled to. Well done. 32 and still plenty of debt on mine :p

:D I consider my house/home/PPOR/IP/anything else I own/whatever, for sale to whoever is willing to give me a good price.

... except for family members I suppose ... and pets ... but that's all. Everything else is merely a material possession that can be replaced with the next good deal.

I think that's fair enough.

For me, another investment is art. I buy pieces I like that are likely to go up in value. I picked up a Macleod for not much a few years back which has been conservatively valued at a lot more than that. I'll probably sell it in a couple of years time. I'll offload my Williams at the same time, provided the art market is ok. They look great on my wallls, but if someone offers me the cash, they are gone.

The only thing I won't sell is my car. Mainly because it's a novated lease and it would cost me a lot to offload before the lease is up :D

Do they have the political clout to waste more tax payer $ (throwing good dollars after bad) after the backlash they are already facing for poorly managing the Australian budget??

Even if they did intervene in similar ways to last time I doubt it would be to the same magnitude or nearly as effective a second time around.

Someone told me a large proportion of first home buyers were children with no income, as parents used the FHOG to buy a house in their name. Not a bad idea IMO, especially if the parents decided to live in it and pay their kid rent haha

Back