A Current Affair have reached a new low!

As the title suggests, ACA have had a 2 night special on some absolute random's tacky wedding. All the girls looked like they had implants, all the guys looked like the had furry dice hanging from their rear view mirrors...honestly, I cant for the life of me work out why this could be deemed "newsworthy":confused:
Must be a reeeaaaalllly slow news week!
Can't wait 'till tomorrow night, hopefully they have part 3!:eek:

Just thought I would like to get that one off my chest....:eek:

Boods

We have ACA on in the background (during the witching hours dinner/bath/bed) I'm embarrassed to admit.
Yes hubby and i were shaking our heads that 'due to popular demand' this stupid wedding was on twice. Talk about tacky. The dress... ugh. The makeup... ugh. The boobs... ugh. THE HAIR! :eek: And the guys were no better.

$70 000 odd. Truly disgusting and embarrassing.

(side note, they showed very little respect to the Greek Orthodox Church they were married in, by their showiness and clothing IMO, but I 'spose money talks).

A blatant way to try get themselves some attention/fame. 'Spose it worked. Sad really.

Due to a happy coincidence of network zoning, we don't get either ACA or TT!

So ner ner to you lot. We get to watch local news instead.

The bind moggles

I didn't see the first night, however saw last night's episode. As Boods remarks the newsworthiness of such drivel boggles the mind. :rolleyes:

As for the bride and groom, a part of me feels sorry for them. Moreso their lack of self esteem to have to prance and consume in such a tacky way. Each to their own I suppose, however as Casserole Dish indicates a lack of respect for the Greek Orthodox Church, which is quite conservative in all manner of ways. :(

There was a remark that she finally found a man who would agree with her lavish wedding of her dreams.

Just as many people plan their holidays with more thought and time input than their finances or their health plans, so she has put more emphasis on the "wedding" (one night) than the "marriage" (hopefully longer than one night).

Wonder how long the marraige will last? :confused:

This is an article in the paper about this a few weeks ago......

Yanna said she was even offered money to appear on A Current Affair but turned it down because she did not trust the show's producers and did not want to be perceived as opportunistic like Clare Werbeloff, the "Chk-chk Boom" girl.

Really :rolleyes:

Mixali, they are making us look very very bad.. But they're Sydney Greeks though ;)

Cannot understand how the priest thought that was acceptable dress for a church (any church!)

How embarassshhhmernt

This is an article in the paper about this a few weeks ago......

Really :rolleyes:

Mixali, they are making us look very very bad.. But they're Sydney Greeks though ;)

Cannot understand how the priest thought that was acceptable dress for a church (any church!)

Ahh, yes, we are far more establishment here in Melbourne. :rolleyes:

Halia, ntropi, rezili............all Greek for shame/riducule.

I reckon Mary Koustas (aka Effie) would exclaim....how embarassment !! :eek:

As the title suggests, ACA have had a 2 night special on some absolute random's tacky wedding. All the girls looked like they had implants, all the guys looked like the had furry dice hanging from their rear view mirrors...honestly, I cant for the life of me work out why this could be deemed "newsworthy":confused:

Given that the majority of the population is of this stereotype, and they love big, tacky weddings, it appeals to their ratings producings audience.

Sadly, the Septics are the same - the population is being overrun with trailer trash and gang bangers of all races.

Cool.!!

greece2-600x400.jpg

greece17-600x400.jpg

Well, I'm still not convinced the offending items are fake. I'm thinking they are just 'pushed up' a bit.... :)

See ya's.

isn't that what they call 'chav' weddings? well that's what they call it in UK. It's quite common over there..think Jordan and Peter Andre.

If that's what they want then good for them. Definitely not my taste but why is it even news worthy? I missed the 1st one but caught the 2nd night briefly.

They are definitely not fake. There is plenty of weight in other places to show they are home grown.

Indeed, have a look at their wedding party. Plenty of baklavades and galatobouriko eaten there! :eek:

When I first saw the ads for this on tele I actually thought it was a hooker marrying her pimp and that is why it was newsworthy, as I couldn't believe someone "normal" would choose this! I nearly passed out when I realised it was all for real:eek:....I feel a bit like an old fogie now:eek: and if my daughter thinks this is what she is having next month for her wedding, well, have I got news for her!!!!

My problem wasn't so much whether the lassies had real 'uns or fakies (or a bit of a chicken fillet and double sided tape situation). It was more that so much flesh seemed really tacky for a church wedding. I'm not even religious but it looked quite hypocritical IMO. And a "Playboy" theme? Again, I say UGH.

What about the oldies and the kids? I'd be so embarrassed. Imagine being a 14 yr old male cousin of the bride being there with Mum? Sure you might think it'd be great... but with Mum watching?

Much more interesting was the story last night about the tiny 16 yr old girl.

I'm thinking of having a bbq tonight with a few friends...might give ACA or TT a call to see if they want to do an exclusive on it. I will even wear one of those novelty boobie :)D hehe, I said boobie!!) aprons just to cause a bit of controversy!

Boods

Back