A property revolution is about to occur...

Hi

Firstly i thought it best i post it here....So i am not accused of advertising.

I have spent 2.5 years developing tools that should make you, the property investor, make a more informed decision when buying property.

TRY THEM HERE

http://www.washingtonbrown.com.au/calculators/

Its funny....when presenting this to major clients...they dont get as excited about the dep calc as i do!!

Here's a test do the property investment calc with a dep number in the calc and one without and see what the diff is.

I have, after 2.5 years, worked out a dep calc to work out the future depreciation allowance. I'm sure Scott from Depreciator will attest its impressive!

BUT this is just a ticket to the big game

This is the start of how WB are about to change the way investment properties are sold forever.

Register here

http://www.4sale4investors.com.au

For a sneak preview. When the clock count downs..I will give you the keys to open the door.

Even when you get through the door.....you will see stage 1 of a massive rollout.

It just gets better and better.

All the best

Ty

I just tried the depreciation calculator with these:
purchase price 300k, Sydney, standard of finish high, type highrise.

Built 2008 I get 8k the first year and 7k the second year

Built 2003 I get 10k the first year and 7k the second year

Built 1998 I get 9k the first year and 6k the second year

I don't understand the result, since I would have thought the newer the property the higher the depreciation? Especially for a highrise where the land component is lower?

I could just as easily have estimated 3% depreciation the first year without using the calculator. A thousand or two difference in depreciation isn't going to affect my buying decision, and having decided to buy a property I'm definitely going to do a full QS report.

A quick test of the property investment calculator doesn't show me anything I can't put together in a spreadsheet myself. To be honest when I ran it I didn't trust the numbers, but since I can't see the calcs behind it I would have had to recalculate it myself anyway. For example, what tax rates is it using? 07/08? 08/09? My usual 10 line spreadsheet is more transparent. And a matrix would be more meaningful to show what happens when certain variables (interest rates, for example) change.

If I know enough about property to give a realistic estimate of costs, I definitely know how to build a simple spreadsheet. The calculator excludes a number of things, such as other investment income, etc. On the other hand, your average 'we're looking to buy our first IP and we're just an ordinary couple with jobs' type won't know how to estimate costs, especially if the calc just asks for one lumped number. I would say most people couldn't even list most of the expenses for an IP. Also it assumes one owner, where many investors would be couples.

I didn't check the borrowing capacity and loan repayment capacity, since that's what my mortgage broker is there for. Given the number of products out there and the shifting serviceability calculations, I would at least use a calc from an actual loan provider.

All in all, I don't see anything that would interest experienced investors who have a good grasp of the numbers already. While it might give some extra information to newbies, it requires them to have more knowledge that I would expect most newbies to have.
Alex

Last edited:
G'day Ty,

I got an email from Washington Brown about the new site.
I felt the wording was extremely tacky, a complete turn-off - thus I haven't been to the site.
Given the importance of first impressions I would suggest more time planning the spam.

I hope not to offend ... merely feedback since you posted and it was fresh in my memory.

While it is a bit impressive, i don't think you'll be revolutionising the purchase of invest property.

I agree with what Alex is saying. I think you placing too much relevance on this stuff in the buying decision of most mum & pop style property investors.

The overly hypey copy is actually a negative rather then help sell the product.

That works sometimes in the States but not a lot in Australia.

What are the benefits of this to investment buyers? I mean benefits they cant get elsewhere?

Apologies on being a bit harsh, but businesses get nowhere listening to positive comments. They only improve by listening to constructive negative criticism.

All fair enough critism and i do really appreciate it.

I guess you guys haven't seen what we are about to release...and why so many major listed companies are on board.

As for the tacky writing - Well thats the PR company...and so far 8303 people have registered.

I expected 1000 so thats a positive.

Regards and i guess this is caveat emptor so i deserve it!!

PS - This will be the final post on this site for me..

I will still come in here - as this a FANTASTIC learning centre. I just think i best leave myself self removed as we move into what we launch.

Heres what i believe and what we are about to do

I believe investors want more tools to empower themselves.

I believe investors dont want to be taken to 50 different developers site with girls on the balcony sipping champagne.

I believe investors want access to information, data etc.

Luckily for me major developers believe in me.

All the best and i really have enjoyed this site - its fantastic and i have learnt so much from it.

C'mon Ty, we gave a few honest points about the email or the site.
You don't have to stop posting ... I would be sad if that's a result in any way to the above posts.

hi all
not to sound like this post needs to go to the bin.
but my view is this.
this is caveat emptor and is for things for sale.
whats for sale here.
the post has asked to go to a website that askes to knock twice to get in and when you do it says comming soon and to pre register for some thing what that is I have not got a clue.
at best it is a way of gaining investors onto a web site and if as is the case one the last post there is 1000 expected and 8308 if thats not a scheme well I would like to see what is
and at worst its a way of email grabbing now I have no problem people grabbing my email address its [email protected] but alot of others especially newbees will not as I have setup my email adresses so that if grabbed I don't get useless emails for no reason.

as for major developers having beleif well alot need investors to buy there products ie presales.
I have not looked at the calcs as I have lots and I have people that can do calc without any problem.
I do have a problem that we have rules not on this site but rules in general with regards to advertising and gaining investors to your particular project and those rules only come into play when things go wrong.
for me I would not pre register for anything that I did not know what I am preregistering for.
any any one reading this post I would recommend you to do the same or put down a generic email address that is designed to accept spam.
last put not least.
to varify the above
is this little gem
how many and what are they going to be pushing.
for the 8308 I hope you have a large meg account file on your isp
and
I believe investors dont want to be taken to 50 different developers site with girls on the balcony sipping champagne.
true
but they also don't want hard hitting, time share, buy while you have the chance, hook marketing.
and the
wait for the clock pre register now
is hook marketing in any sales persons book.
for me the thing that was missing is the free portable bbq if you register today and for the
.As for the tacky writing - Well thats the PR company...and so far 8303 people have registered.
well maybe the pr dept can look at giving away a bbq or usb stick( as they are more usefull)
oh and
BUT this is just a ticket to the big game.
maybe true but whos playing
and what rules are there in this game.
I find it very unusual that a qs company changes to a
4sale4investors.com.au copmany
and the part that I am yet to work out is the 4sale4investors
whats for sale.
but what is this new company for.
thats what the preregister people should be asking.
As I have said this is caveat emptor and maybe you need to look behind the smoke and mirrors.
to see the real motive
and for me not sure what that is.
and last but not least
I don't believe this
I believe investors need information, transperancy and informed ideas and from that they gain tools.
no point in having tools
if the person telling you how to use them has a vested interest in you using them and have set out not to give you
the information on information, transperancy and informed ideas.
this is not to say this site is doing this.
this is to tell people that may not be involved in hook marketing to be very carefull in information given out and what has been promised.
I have no axe to grind with any company trying to move ahead in any market.
but you do have to be very carefull.
and I say caveat emptor, caveat emptor oh and caveat emptor

Last edited:
Hey no need to take your bat and ball and go home! I get bashed all the time but you just cop it on the chin, its all part of the game!

I will still come in here - as this a FANTASTIC learning centre. I just think i best leave myself self removed as we move into what we launch.

All the best and i really have enjoyed this site - its fantastic and i have learnt so much from it.
WB,Who cares what anyone thinks,just stick to your longterm plan,i hope your new site works out,and i think it will the numbers of people that have already singed up speaks for itself, and i am one on your list not that that means anything..BTW i have learnt a lot from your posts over time in this
site THANKYOU..willair..
This is a quote that may help you..I don't want to be left behind. In fact, I want to be here before the action starts.
Kerry Packer

That was unexpected. Why do you feel you can't contribute to the forums anymore?

Back