A Sticky Question

Am to head to the USA next week and our hosts have asked me to please bring some Golden Syrup. Can anyone tell me whether that will be a problem (customs wise) and if not, the best method of doing so?
Frizzle :confused:

Thanks, Brett. We have 5 nights in Las Vegas planned - a Grand Canyon day trip (of course) but Cirque de Soleil, Terry Fator, and the Jersey Boys shows booked as well. Sooooo looking forward to the holiday!! :)

Freaking me out now, we spent 5 nights in Vegas too and saw Cirque Du Soleil. Also did an air tour (plane and Chopper) over the Canyon.

It is all amazing, worth every cent !!!

Brett, which Cirque show did you see? We are going to Mystere.
Rugrat, thanks. Yes, I know how careful you have to be when coming back into Aus. I am hoping that I might be able to find some Maple Syrup in exchange!!

We saw Mystique at Treasure Island, it was really good. After spending the whole day in the pool we were exhausted but it sure kept us awake.

Also saw the Fantasy show at Luxor, it wasnt that good. But Luxor is definitely a hotel to check out. The inside of it is amazing. Actually they are all good hotels to check out along the strip. Everything is done so well.

We stayed at MGM for 2 nights and Treasure Island for 3.

I brought food back and forth through both US customs and Australian customs for yonks.

What I did was pack it in one easily accessible place, write out a complete list, declare it, and present the list with the arrival cards/passport.

Even if it's not a legal import, as long as you declare it you are covered. They can throw it if it's not legal but they don't fine passengers who genuinely try to do the right thing.

Nothing I brought and declared was ever thrown out - even the ghastly cheese-in-a-tube from the USA which had about 6 officers humming and scratching their heads over - they quite rightly decided that it was more like plastic than cheese.

Your Golden Syrup will be fine, but the plastic containers will present less problems than the metal container.

Back