ACA Feral House

When we thought we would have to claim on landlord's insurance we were advised that cleaning and junk removal was not covered (Terri Scheer). Thankfully the tenants did the big clean up and removed everything.
Marg

I'm assuming this is self managed, no landlord insurance, and where was the 3 month inspection? Someone like that would have been like it from day 1, I can't imagine they just turned into feral pigs between month 3 and month 6. The fact they are letting her stay on if she cleans it up, I have no sympathy for them. Although maybe I do, perhaps they are just too nice, naive and trusting. :(

That aside, how can ANYONE live like that?! My siblings are untidy which used to torture me, I thought they were pigs but this woman is them multiplied by 1000! I'm surprised the neighbors haven't complained and had the council step in.

They attracted a really bad tenant alright... but did you see the *before* photos of their place? It reminded me of that thread "How not to paint a property". Bright feature walls must be bad karma.

I wonder if they are keeping her because she pays her rent on time? dunno. i am just glad I don't have to tidy it.

I'm assuming this is self managed, no landlord insurance, and where was the 3 month inspection?

The fact they are letting her stay on if she cleans it up, I have no sympathy for them. Although maybe I do, perhaps they are just too nice, naive and trusting. :(

That would have to be self managed. Another landlord that believes they are doing the best for the poor tenant and has become an enabler.:confused:

IP's are a business. If you are too much of a softy to do what needs to be done, then get a PM. Even a bad PM would do better than this mess.:eek:

The kitchen has lots of dirty dishes and some rubbish, but most things in the house are non food items.

So how much of this kind of stuff do people take with them when they move?

If none then that's a lot to accumulate in 6 months, and takes lots, in both time and money.

A definite hoarder I'd say.

wander what they eat there food off of. plastic plates? wonder how often he gets sick

that poor kid has to live like that... in the tiny shed out the back cos the whole house is a dumping ground

I missed ACA when that was first broadcast.Geez i cant even think of anything to say after watching that link so stunned by it WoW........

Living in the garage because the house and yard are uninhabitable due to all of the "stuff". 6 months is an incredibly short period of time in which to acquire all of the "stuff". There is almost certainly a mental health issue here with accumulation and hording. I hope the lady concerned gets the help she needs. I also have grave concerns about the health of the children living in the hazardous vermin ridden environment.

"Let the mum and her kids stay if they HELP clean up this disaster and as long as they keep the place spic and span from now on" George and Nadia might be very kind hearted but they're certainly naieve if they think this is going to happen.

I wonder if the renter haunts salvos et al to get handouts of clothes shoes etc. I can't see how all that stuff could have been bought brand new in that time. or maybe she accepts a lot of hand me downs from friends? I think there is a definite mental health issue here. I recently bought a book called "It's all too much" about decluttering because I felt I was really bad....I felt a lot better though after watching ACA...lol:D

I think there is a definite mental health issue here. I recently bought a book called "It's all too much" about decluttering because I felt I was really bad....I felt a lot better though after watching ACA...lol:D

On Foxtel there is a series called "Hoarders". Truely sad sometimes seeing how hoarding has affected their lives, but it is always said during the show that hoarding is a mental health issue. I saw one episode where a woman was getting evicted from her apartment because of her hoarding and apparently her apartment had been completely cleaned out 12 months before they had filmed. The place was full of stuff so much that she only had pathways through the apartment to get to different rooms. Making them clean it up is useless unless you deal with the under lying mental health issue.

"surprisingly nice to let the tenant stay".
More like surprisingly stupid. This tenant has a mental illness - and its not your problem to fix guys !! Get rid of them and move on (and take that bond)...

Back