adding a cellar

hi all,
been a while since i've posted here, my computer blew up about 9 months ago and i havent been able to log on here in a while. for those that know me, i'm over the financial hardships some of you may have remembered me talking about. it also looks like i got out of NZ at the right time early this year if their interest rates are anything to go by :D
any way, i need to replace the hotwater system under my little unit (ppor) because the girlfriend has decided that 15 minutes of hot water an hour is not enough. (it was enough for me living alone!) whilst i was down there, i noticed i have plenty of room to install a cellar of sorts. only about 6 feet square with 4 feet high. my intention was to put in a half decent trap door in and put in false walls etc. nothing permanent but to make it look more asthetically pleasing.
would this add value to the unit? i know its not council approved and no major work was going to get done or anything like that. i'm too scared the block of units would collapse if i tried to dig to close to the stumps.
basically my intention was to give the place a twist if i should ever sell.
is it worth it? would it even increase the rent a little? have any of you tried this?

thanks all

It could be handy to have for storage purposes
but I don't know if it would increase the value of your place.
I am guessing probably not.
Cheers

put some bars across the top with a sturdy padlock - who knows what fetishes purchasers have .... :eek:

other than that - probably would not increase value.

Back