Adding value to a PPOR -ensuite idea

Hi all,

Looking to improve value in this property and sell within few years time.
Property currently is PPOR and is about 25 years old, brick veneer with one central bathroom in average condition. Kitchen might need some makeover in the future.

Please see the photos below.

There is a small wine room/area 176x195cm just next to the BDR3.
I does have power-point and spot light at the moment
Being so close to the laundry and water/sewer connections I was thinking it could be may be good idea of adding extra bathroom ensuite there.

Another idea is making two way bathroom from BDR1, but loosing part of BIR.

Do you think this ideas will increase the value of the property?

Max. budget is about 15K

Cheers,

Firefox

Attachments

• P1010979.JPG
    P1010979.JPG
    948.8 KB · Views: 151
  • P1010986.jpg
    P1010986.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 93
I would block up that wall and install a door where the laundry cupboard is. You should be able to put a shower toilet and vanity in it.

Also you could block up the wall and turn the laundry into a large bathroom with the washer and dryer in a cupboard somewhere

Currently selling my PPOR. Its a 4 X 1.

Buyers these days expect an ensuite. Particularly in my market.

One agent told me that if my home had one it would be worth $100k to the house.

If you could do it for less thank 15k

I would say worth it.

I agree with you 100%. Thats what people want. Ensuite is a must in todays real estate market.
The only thing worry me is the 3 BDR where that improvement can be done is not as big as main BDR, so it might look odd, but still should be OK.

The other scenario is:
Blocking the wall in the hallway and open the space where BIR is in the main BDR to make original bathroom as a ensuite and add small second bathroom next to the 3BDR.

I would knock the wine room and laundry together to make a family bathroom with maybe laundry in a cupboard facing the family room, and make the existing bathroom an ensuite.

Back