Adelaide Triangle

The reason Adelaide has the fancy elite cruft on the east not the west is just because someone stuck a sodding great big airport on the western side, with fairly large buffers around it. That and a LOT of old industrial land.

RE, it also stems from the working class being situated on that side of the city (ie. Port Adelaide etc) from yonks back - remember the airports only been there since 1955, Port Adelaide was there in 1837. That's why you see so many workman's cottages throughout the Port Adelaide suburbs, from all the heavy industry that is/was there and the surrounds.

I'll wait at least 2 years to buy something in Adelaide. My inner voice tells me it's not the right time...

Buy when people are wanting to sell, not when people are wanting to buy. At the moment its a buyers market in Adelaide, that wont last too long once rates have stabalised.

There is always more growth outside those forecasted areas. Everyone is saying Port Adelaide. Port will grow, but bet your bottom dollar, other areas will beat it in growth, just as Christies Beach took every one by surprise this year. Back to my point on Glenelg North, a house on 800sqm went for under $450k:

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2007168017

That is value buying.

Looks like a pretty good price. Agree with you though EG, now is the time to be buying while the market is slowing and everyone is scared. I've put my money where my mouth is, and expect to be quite happy about it in a year.

RE, it also stems from the working class being situated on that side of the city
You can tell I'm not an Adelaide local lol ... I moved there in the early 90s and lived there about 10 years.

Lived in inner west and inner north in that time, worked in the outer north, and currently spend a lot of time with the inlaws in the east. Result? I get lost as soon as I venture more than 3 foot south of the CBD :)

You can tell I'm not an Adelaide local lol ... I moved there in the early 90s and lived there about 10 years.

Lived in inner west and inner north in that time, worked in the outer north, and currently spend a lot of time with the inlaws in the east. Result? I get lost as soon as I venture more than 3 foot south of the CBD :)

Ha! I'm right there with ya - South of the city is not my strong point either.

Back