advice on my mortgage please

Help please! I would really appreciate some advice. I am 60 years of age, I have a mortgage on my home now at $215,000 with repayments of $2093/ month. I have 13 years left on the loan
I am a sole trader and sometimes struggle to meet the repayments.
I have just come into $30,000. My current loan has no ability to have an offset account - unless I re apply, get reassessed etc - which would be tricky with the current financial nature of my business.
The bank has said it will lower my interest rate to 5.2% and I am to put the $30,000 straight into the loan - bringing my loan down to $185,000.
At the 5.2% rate my new repayments would be $1529/ m which is better but some months could still be stressful and business is getting tougher out there and I am definitely getting older.
The bank has suggested that I swap over to interest only repayments which will be $802/m. and I could contribute as much as I am able each month on top of that.
I am not sure about going to just paying interest only?
If I go interest only and make other contributions on top of that will that money really make much dint into the principle?
If I want to extend the length of the loan (to reduce the monthly repayments), I have to re apply etc - once again, a bit tricky.
In reality I have limited ability to ever pay the loan off so I am guessing I need to make as much profit as possible when I sell the house in say 5 - 8 years
Any feedback or thoughts on how to best manage the mortgage would be gratefully received
Any questions, I am happy to add more information
Thank you. G

Going to interest only is fine because if you make extra repayments i.e. the payments you would normally have made anyway - you can redraw that money out later if need be.

Hi G

Welcome

A common question

Clearly, in your circumstances an IO conversion is probably wise

With most lenders IO is PI at your option, but check that you can pay extra

ta
rolf

Back