Advice selling please (Cape Rise Dunsborough)

hey all,

I'm about to sell my block in the new Cape Rise estate in dunsborough.

Ive never sold a property before so I'm not quite sure what I'm in for or what to expect in regards to commission.

What kind of commission is fair for a block that is worth around the 320k mark?...and am i able to negotiate?

I probably go through either Acton realty, Professionals or JMW realty.

And any other tips u may be able to help me with would me very much appreciated.

Most charge anywhere from 2-3% don't they?

So that's around to $6,400 to $9,600.00, then throw in a splash of GST

I'd be getting a couple of quotes and negotiating

Don't forget marketing budgets and what medium you'll use, as they will ask (signs, paper, internet, brochures), is it included in the commission fee (or not)?

Decide on what time frame you'll look at having the agent selling the property for you, i.e. what happens if you're not happy after a few months, also be aware of the terms within the contract, including the period after, as the agent can claim commission for a period even after the contract ended.

If you think it's an easy-sell, you could always do it yourself?

Talk to all 3 or 4 and yes they will negotiate.

You can also set some additional terms if you want, e.g.
a. sell my block for $330k and I'll give you a $2000 bonus on top of commission
b. sell my block for less than $300k and you only get 50% commission

You can also choose to have a multi-agent contract where more than one RE company can sell it for you rather than an exclusive contract where only one can sell it.

is com usually sorted out before you decide to go through the agent?.....beacause one bloke is saying well sort that out when these is an offer.

is com usually sorted out before you decide to go through the agent?.....beacause one bloke is saying well sort that out when these is an offer.

You know the answer to that one, would you sell anything through a 3rd party that way?

OMG that is terrible! Is he from the Dunsborough Used Car Yard?

Yes commissions and terms are worked out and you will need to sign a contract stating so. He is hoping you'll sign the contract with the standard terms which are very much in HIS favour and when you get an offer you'll get a rude shock.

Tell him "You're dreaming and you just lost any hope of the deal"

i thought it was a bit odd...thanks heaps westminister you have been real help....he must be just trying to take advantage of my age.

Back