Advise needed for a newbie

Hello everybody, I am a newbie and am looking for some advice as to what to do with our IP. Quick background- we live in Asia as expats and will be O/S for maybe another 10 yrs. Bought a house in Brisbane in 2003 for $290,000 and it is now worth approx $460,000. We would like to sell due to ongoing maintenance issues, just finding it a pain to be forking over $500-1000 often for different issues and basically just find it a bit of a headache to keep onto.
My question is for all you wonderful people here is- Do we put up with the headache and just keep onto it or do we sell and risk prices go up so much that we will find it diffilcult to get back into the market in a few years time.
My thinking is to put around $200,000 into a mananged fund or something and instead of putting any savings into maintenance issues, realestate fees, rates ect we can add onto our funds and in a few years time hope to have a really great deposit and buy something and not have to take out a huge bank loan.
What do you think about this situation??? Also we are non-residents so I think we will be paying quite a bit of CGT if we were to sell, but we will have to pay this no matter when we sell. Any help given, I thank you in advance.

Assuming that the managed fund will continue to keep going up forever then it's a decent idea I suppose.

Just remember; managed funds don't always have a positive return.

If the cap growth of the property, plus the rent and the tax deductions are more than your out of pocket expenses, it may be better to hang on to it.

Through my calculation your property is going up in value by $683 per week.
Your rent should be covering your mortgage ... so I guess the question is ... how often are you paying these maintenance issues of $1000? VS the growth you are receiving each week?

If you sell, you will need to pay tax.

You could always max out the loan and use the extra fubds in a managed portfolio (you could even get a margin loan)

I know at times maintenance is a pain ... I often joke that when my car has an issue ... it's time to trade it in. Even when the car is brand new and something minor stops working ... :p

Re-evaluate why you bought the IP in the first place and is it delivering to your expectations ... remove emotion and make your decision.

Back