Agent Commission Refund

To what sort of agents/commissions/services are you referring? Given this is a property forum, are you looking for sales agent?

Even if you answer, I don't think I can help, but you have me curious.

To what sort of agents/commissions/services are you referring? Given this is a property forum, are you looking for sales agent?

Even if you answer, I don't think I can help, but you have me curious.

Sorry I should have been more clear what I meant was that if I buy through them they will rebate 50% of their commission to me as I purchased the property.

I know you shouldn't buy a property because of incentives.

I am looking to develop in NSW and with the 30k worth of grants if agent gives up half their commission it could amount to 40k for a first home buyer making it much more attractive.

It could be argued that a referral fee is a replacement for marketing costs within a business. I would suggest that a business that budgets 50% for marketing costs either probably needs to look at how they're spending their money, or they're charging a huge premium for their actual services.

If that business profitable, then it's probably not their marketing costs, so it makes me wonder how else they're making money. Perhaps they're charging a lot for their product or service?

Sorry I should have been more clear what I meant was that if I buy through them they will rebate 50% of their commission to me as I purchased the property.

I know you shouldn't buy a property because of incentives.

I am looking to develop in NSW and with the 30k worth of grants if agent gives up half their commission it could amount to 40k for a first home buyer making it much more attractive.

Why would an agent want to give you half of their commission? especially if you are a first home buyer?

My experience with borrowers who ask for me to give them part of my commission is that they tend to be very difficult to deal with across the entire process. For me the deal goes from being borderline profitable to an outright financial loss and a waste of time.

The policy in my business is simple. If a borrower asks for a commission split, the relationship is terminated.

Which Georgie isn't as she wants to sell her property after artificially increasing the rent to get abetter price

Georgie - is this rebate idea for you if you buy a place or are you thinking of a referral fee for introducing someone to buy a place

Back