Agents that DONT advertise on realestate.com.au

Hello all,
When looking at property I mostly use realestate.com.au as most of the listings in WA are on this site. I have noticed though that some agents don’t always advertise on that site, instead using the reiwa.com.au site or their own agency site.

These agencies may be missing a large proportion of the market with their advertising. As a buyer, the properties they sell may have less interest and/or competition from the market. Potentially one might be able to pick up properties from these agencies at a small discount to properties from agencies that advertise on the main websites.

Has anyone else noticed this and have you found that properties from these agencies sell at a discount to other agencies?

TB

In my area there is at least one agency with a large rent roll who do not advertise on realestate.com.au and rarely advertise in the local property guide.

It certainly decreases the competition for properties that are well priced.;)

Just on this one, has anyone heard of adverts on realstate.com.au or domain.com.au which are grossly out of date? This can be frustrating. Which is the better one for DD research?? :confused:

depends where you are looking...

in Brisbane and most of qld and WA- RE.com has the market share by a long way, many agents will advertise on RE.com but not Domain.

I believe in the southern states its different - domain.com has the market share.

I was told a while ago that it has to do with the prevailing maor newspaper in the area...if its a fairfax owned paper, then domain tends to do well...if its the other mob, then RE.com etc etc etc.

So, look for agencies that DONT use the major site for your area as they may provide you with an edge in getting underpriced properties...

TB

Just on this one, has anyone heard of adverts on realstate.com.au or domain.com.au which are grossly out of date? This can be frustrating. Which is the better one for DD research?? :confused:

Few of them are really out of date. One time i contacted a REA and he advised me that the property was sold 6 months ago...

Just a bit of goss regarding RE.com and marketshare etc...

many of you would have seen the new myhome.com.au being advertised around the place in papers and tele...

myhome is hoping to take over from re.com as number one. It already has number two spot in terms of the number of listings on it.

the main reason is that there is one particular real estate group who owns a massive stake in re.com and is setting the prices.

most of the other larger franchises have got together with PBL and microsoft to develop myhome.com as another alternative. The thought is that if we all go across to myhome and eventually drop re.com they might get the message.

interesting times ahead - i think short term it will mean buyers will have to go to many different websites to make sure that they see all that there is to see in their area of interest.

long term it might mean there is some fairness in fees and charges for using the websites and the charges are uniform for all agencies everywhere...ahhh utopia...:rolleyes:

It seems they purposely leave it there so you call to inquire. Then they try to push another property at you :eek:

I worked in a r/e agency for a time, and it was standard to practice to leave pics in the windows and ads on the internet until someone (the old owner or the new owner) complained. Then the Principal was all apologetic and promised to remove the ads immediately.

Happened every week.

They even had the Principal's wife's holiday home (she owned one in the immediate area, from a previous marriage) advertised, but used it to sell off. If anyone enquired, it was "under offer" and all details were private.

Aaah... the games, the games.

i think short term it will mean buyers will have to go to many different websites to make sure that they see all that there is to see in their area of interest.

This is probably good news for anyone prepared to do 2mins more work and check an extra website. More inefficiency in the market produces more opportunities.

Back