Aggressive Investment Strategies

I'm fine-tuning my investment strategy...

Does anyone have any examples of "aggressive" investment strategies?

I'm in my early-mid 20's and can afford to take risks. All i can think of is borrowing as much as possible? Possibly regional purchases?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

Aggressive / passive is NOT synonymous with risky / safe.

Do you say aggressive because you have a short time fram to reach your goals? Or because you have lots of resources at your disposal?

Im betting the word you actually meant is Active. You wont achieve your goals with long term buy & hold.

By aggressive do you mean risky or non passive?

subdividing and developing are what I would call an aggressive strategy as it makes money now as opposed to waiting on capital appreciation long term.

Renovating is aggressive - same deal.

Landbanking is more long term, not really aggressive as long as you can afford to hold the property - can lessen the risk if you purchase under option contract.

Commercial development can be huge returns if you know what you are doing.

All above need thorough education as some require an adequate cash backup.

Aggressive / passive is NOT synonymous with risky / safe.

Do you say aggressive because you have a short time fram to reach your goals? Or because you have lots of resources at your disposal?

Im betting the word you actually meant is Active. You wont achieve your goals with long term buy & hold.

i don't have a short time-frame (10-20years) and i don't have lots of resources at my disposal (yet). So, Yes "active" sounds about right i think.

i have bought my first unit which is CF neutral, renovated and located in Brisbane (family guarantee at 100% LVR). Hopefully, I will have around $40k saved within in the next 2 years to play with.

I guess the only possible aggressive/active next investment with my $40k would be to buy a unit/house and add value through cosmetic renovation?

By aggressive do you mean risky or non passive?

subdividing and developing are what I would call an aggressive strategy as it makes money now as opposed to waiting on capital appreciation long term.

Renovating is aggressive - same deal.

Landbanking is more long term, not really aggressive as long as you can afford to hold the property - can lessen the risk if you purchase under option contract.

Commercial development can be huge returns if you know what you are doing.

All above need thorough education as some require an adequate cash backup.

I think i mean risky...as I'm pretty young I'm willing to take risks, however, from my understanding development needs $$. Something i don't have a lot of at this point in my journey :(

thinking Maybe my next move could be a cosmetic reno on a cheaper unit/house...mmm thanks fore the tips.

I'm in my early-mid 20's and can afford to take risks. All i can think of is borrowing as much as possible? Possibly regional purchases?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

I'am a similar age and have been doing something similar to what you are considering
and it has worked well for me :D

Quick reno then usually wait around 12 months till i can tap
into the equity to be able to buy again.

After ip3 i was happy to try and target places where i didn't have to be so hands on and lucky i found a good pm who was able to manage a interstate
renovation.

All purchases have been regional so i was able to get into the market quicker
and still achieved decent gains

Last edited:

I've seen someone borrow hundreds of thousands to invest in a timber plantation - which later failed and in which the ATO denied deductibility of interest. Is that aggressive, or speculative - or just stupid.

I'm not too sure if my strategy is risky/aggressive or not.

But pretty much what I did was look for short term growth properties which are positively geared (short term I'm talking about 6 month to 1 year), I usually achieve this by buying under market value so when I do revaluation I've gained not just the market movement but also the under price that I paid.

Not too sure how many people saw my other post about my history, but pretty much by using this method I've raised over $100k in less than 2 years and still sitting on positive gearing, with my next purchase settling soon and if my estimations are correct after I re valuate my own PPOR and the next IP I should be sitting at just above $200k, and that should bring me to between positive and neutral depends if I need to fork out money to fix stuffs.

With only a small salary (earn under $60k pa) with a huge loan (roughly $1.5mil by the time I top up all my loans, at the moment 1.3mil) a lot of people actually think I'm very risky, but I see all these debt as good debt.

And same mind set as you, I'm in my early - mid 20s if I don't take the risk now when should I? :cool:

by saying that my last two purchase was a cheat though because I put my fianc?'s name into the property and loan as well to help with the serviceability.

And these all started with just $30k deposit for the first one in August 2013 :)

Back