Airless spraygun Wagner.

Hi all, there is a Wagner brand airless spraygun availble at Bunnings etc for about $695. It has a 7.5 litre hopper on top to pour the paint into, so no cannister attached to the spraying head.
I would like to buy one, but first I'd be interested to hear of any one out there has either used or owns one of these, is it worth buying one or not ?
Thanks.

units4me
there was some great info on these spray guns awhile back.Sorry l can,t remeber the actual thread but do a search on airless spray guns it will be worth it.You will learn heaps.
cheers yadreamin

yadreamin said:
.Sorry l can,t remeber the actual thread but do a search on airless spray guns it will be worth it.

Scroll down! the Similar Threads feature has kicked in on this Thread.

I'm eagerly watching and waiting on this thread, I want to buy one too.... has anyone bought one yet. Noticed they retail for US$199 in the US so someone is making a profit here. Does anyone want to halves in a shipping container full? Or know of a US retailer that will ship here and not void warranties?

Anybody??
Pulse

Reno Kings mentioned it so i had a look at Bunnnings (no can find) however my interest is aroused..

Good bad or likewise...anyone used it???

REDWING

Bunnings would be able to get it through their suppliers. Keep in mind that airless spray guns are only for vertical surfaces, such as walls and fences, not horizontal surfaces such as ceilings.

PtBear, I think the guns you are referring to are the hand held jobs with the pot underneath.professional painters use airless guns which can spray in any direction.I have seen the unit that is being discussed here,and it is really just a small version of the professional gear.I am confident it will do ceilings.

Tools

Hi Units4me,

I have painted with the commercial Wagner many times before; great for ceilings and undercoating, but no were near as good to finish with as opposed to a brush and roller. Also it is only good/cost effective for large houses due to the time it takes to mask tape and cover everything in site, to get a professional finish. I have seen the Reno kings use it, but realistically, the quality is shocking to finish a job like that. You can only use water based paints through it as well, so you still need to brush the enamel on the wood work anyway. Again only if you require a professional finish, I would suggest hiring one for a day and you realise that the time saving is not that good on smaller properties, only for ceilings and undercoating and to make it cost effect you would need to be painting allot of houses. The main think to look out for with smaller units is the amount of time it holds the pressure for, there is nothing worse than it cutting out half way through the wall/ceiling etc and you have to wait for it to gain pressure. This leaves slight drying lines from where you finish and start again.
Don't know if that helps, but anyway just a suggestion!

Hi All,

Having bought a Wagner Airless spray gun (with bottle underneath) and used it a few times, the only way I would use it again it to paint the cornices in a room and then cut in any inside corners of the walls with it.

Glenn

We have one of these and have used to paint the outside of 3 houses. They are absolute brilliant and (one of) my husband's favourite toys. They can be used for a very quick interior job if you have reasonably large rooms, cover all windows with paper etc. We have disconnected all light fittings and just left the taped wires to do this job.
Clean up of the equipmet is also very quick and easy
The only problem we have ever had with ours is probably more relevant to paint quality, there are often little "bits" in the paint and depending on your nozzle, this can clog and cause blockage - nothing that a few choice swear words and disassembly of the nozzle wont fix. They do go through a fair bit of paint given their spread, and if using outside, choose your day carefully and let the neighbours know to take their washing in!
It is something that you would use long term but depends if you can justify a reasonable cost of a single tool item.

Enjoy
Alanna

Hi all, well I bought my Wagner Paintcrew and I finally got a chance to use it.
Painted the exterior of a small weather board IP in about 5 hours, excluding preparation and trim.
I'm amazed, neat job, accurate spraying ( next to windows etc), very low overspray I thought and fun to use, although they do take a bit of work to clean out the machine at end of job but that's O
I think it's the best way to go for the occasional big painting job.
I haven't used it indoors yet.
Thanks all for your responses.

I know this is an oldish thread, but just wanted to add, we have just bought one on ebay, and, will be using it next week on a 3bedrm house internals....

will feedback on how it goes....

Cheers

Back