AirlineRatings.com

My neighbour is a commercial pilot and as a result have hung out with him and his pilot and aircraft engineer mates. I have learnt some very interesting things and heard great stories.

There's some (smaller) planes he flat out refuses to fly and one pilot said to never fly with the company he works for.....

I fly quite a bit and 99% of the time it's with Qantas. The CNS to BNE leg often has the newer planes with the screens in the back of the seat whereas the CNS to SYD or MEL have the older planes with no screens. Out of all the times I have flown with Qantas (40+ times in the past 2 years) there has only been 1 delay. They gave us $25 vouchers to spend at the airport to help pass the time.

I was traveling back to Cairns just before my birthday last year and I was sitting in my seat minding my own business. One of the head air attendants came up to me with a little mini bottle of champagne. I had headphones in and said 'no thanks' as I thought he was trying to sell it to me. He then handed it to me. I took my headphones off and he said 'Ms Bell, this is for you. Happy birthday for Tuesday and congratulations on your status upgrade'. Gotta say, he made me feel a bit special!

Which one is it? Can't be both.

I think one stated "crap service" in terms of immediate customer experience as opposed to maintenance service of the aircraft. The aircraft can be old, but well maintained (well "serviced") with highly experienced pilots, yet have crap cabin crew for instance.

The Y-man

Back