Alcoholism.

My name is Marc....

I like to have a glass or two of Chardy every night. Having my second right now, and it's only 6.20pm.

Should I be standing up and introducing myself? :eek::D

WHADDABOUT YOU?

nearly finished first gin and tonic ... although i went to the doc's for the annual checkup a couple of months ago and was told - at 2 wines a night - i was at the upper scale of a moderate drinker.

wow! :eek:

i thought that would have been light. so, what makes heavy?

nearly finished first gin and tonic ... although i went to the doc's for the annual checkup a couple of months ago and was told - at 2 wines a night - i was at the upper scale of a moderate drinker.

They probably know everyone underestimates what they drink so they automatically double your answer.

Yeah, I thought I was bad, but one of my employees at the workshop (3rd-gear Keith) goes over to the bottle shop at knock-off time and buys a 6 pack of VB's EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

they move the scales every year.

according to BMI charts - i'm obese.

5 years ago i was "healthy" - i can't see how 8kg is the difference between healthy and obese.

i think i know someone who is an alcoholic but hides it. shame really - i'd just rather take him down the pub and get smashed with him and make him open up - help him out a bit....share the hangover and all that.

your employee keith sounds like a pisshead I use to know..............only buy six packs which I thought was stupid until he explained to me that if he was to buy a carton it'll be gone before he knows it. I guess it was his way of regulating how much he drank

My name is Marc....

I like to have a glass or two of Chardy every night. Having my second right now, and it's only 6.20pm.

Should I be standing up and introducing myself? :eek::D

WHADDABOUT YOU?
I don't think so,i don't drink every day only if i have a cheap counter lunch
at the local front bar,but every friday night i have 2 bottles of South Australian Stout have done most of my life,:rolleyes:have thought up some of my best investing plans over the years after drinking the Stout on a friday night,my idea of a alco is people that can't stop,and blame everyone around them for their problem..imho willair..

Hey Bayview. Ran into Wayne Grady this afternoon. I won't make any direct link between Grades and alcohol though we were in a bar at the time. :)

Peter Senior is leading after 18 holes.

I only drink when it's free. Which is, unfortunately, reasonably often...

I am therefore, the ultimate cheapskate! :D

And not afraid to admit it!

I'm glad I am not the only one. Sometimes when I have been just absolutely flat chat, it get's to this time of night and I can find the time to sit and relax...I just have to have a beer. :D

Actually tonight is usually my Sat night.

No gym at 5am in morning nor in evening tomorrow night. So it always seems a good time for a beer or two.;)

Regards JO

One my third Beer now. I think!?!?

I don't have a drinking problem! I drink. I get drunk. I fall down. No problem!

Yesterday, scientists for the Health Department suggested that men should take a look at their beer consumption, considering the results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female hormones in beer.

The theory is that drinking beer makes men turn into women. To test the finding, 100 men were fed 6 pints of beer each. It was then observed that 100% of the men gained weight, talked excessively without making sense, became overly emotional, couldn't drive, failed to think rationally, argued over nothing, and refused to apologise when wrong. No further testing is planned.

Project1080

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Dont buy beer much. But I don't mind a drink.

I like wine, we do make a good shiraz in Aus.. ctually Saturday nigh, a friend had a bottle of merlot, 2009 (read brand new, sounds almost 'too young').. beautiful wine, not young tasting at all and smooth like merlot is. BUt a 12 yr old shiraz I bought on sale recently had he extra sort of quality taste to it :)

Another friend put me onto this Remy Martin cognac.. nice stuff... Like brandy but .. better :) Metaxa Greek Brandy, another worthy one..

Scotch is another good one...

oh and that Grand Marnier liquor... got told a trick is that you warm it up.. intensifies the flavour of it bit more.. very good stuff

dont mind the sort of strong straight drinks as you can see.. but i saw absolutley nothing wrong with the cosmopolitans my neighbour & I were drinking the other weekend either.....

one thing I did notice though, was that we in Australia do drink more than Mediterraneans...

i thought that would have been light.

I definitely don't think of myself as a teetotaler, but the beer in my fridge is coming up to it's use-by date. I think I bought the carton in Feb/March.

I like to have a few drinks sometimes and even get drunk, I just never get around to it!

^%$&^%&^$^%#^$^#o **************

see there is all the swear words I want to say to the "do gooders" who decide what is "too much" of anything. :(

I have a workmate who is an "alcoholic"...he drinks the better part of a bottle of scotch everynight. (I know this because I met his wife at a xmas party a couple of years ago...and "apparently" we are best freinds!) anyway...this bloke has NEVER been late..had a day off..or been in any way other than a "perfect employee"...

Talking to other friends I know...this is the standard.....the psych people call them "functioning alcoholics" and apparently we all one!!!

If you don't take a day off work or bash your kids/partner or have any other (other person complaining at you ) problem.. and have more than "the recommeded dose".... you are a "functioning alcoholic".

...Hi..I am Moyjos...I am a (functioning) alcoholic!!

Back