Alexandria/Green square potential

I am looking at the 222 Wyndham development in Alexandria and am keen to hear more about what is going on at Green square in Sydney. I have googled and there is information on the Big W and Woolworth stores but it doesn’t have any time lines?

Does anyone know any info about this area or can direct me to any links please?

I have a feeling that this area is really going to take off. They are looking for $415k for 1 bed apartments in the new 222 development on corner of Wyndham and Botany and although this seems high for 1 bed they are tidy little units with sunny aspects.

Interested to hear what people think? they are due for completion in November.

I haven't checked the official statistics, but I get the impression that since2002, house prices in Alexandria have overtaken Newtown and Erskineville despite the lack of a train station, or at least a longer walk to St Peters, and the longer distance to Newtown/Erskineville cafes. I can't comment specifically about units, but the houses are overvalued in my opinion. Perhaps there's another attraction I'm unaware of.

I haven't checked the official statistics, but I get the impression that since2002, house prices in Alexandria have overtaken Newtown and Erskineville despite the lack of a train station, or at least a longer walk to St Peters, and the longer distance to Newtown/Erskineville cafes. I can't comment specifically about units, but the houses are overvalued in my opinion. Perhaps there's another attraction I'm unaware of.

That's what Ive noticed from gleaning Alexandria house prices as well. They always fetch top dollar - perhpas less supply and not as in your face as Ersko/Newtown. But still, I scratch my head wondering why the premium.

Green square development is going to be pretty large. The population in that area is set to double come 2020 (so they have projected)

Prices in the area have been very strong.

I have seen evidence of a very strong market from Alexandria down to Botany. Things are selling very quick and for alot more, with influences from first home buyers, but also purchasers in general.

I feel there is alot of underlying demand for the area, but there is too alot of development so hopefully the councils have a good balancing act.

Hi

I bought a 2 br unit for 360+ in Alexandria, and i think it was a good price consider the average values in this suburb and location near CBD.

And the other factor was that Green Square Town Centre which will be on development start next year, i think.
Here is the link about GSTC:
http://cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/deve...rojects/GreenSquare/GreenSquareTownCentre.asp

http://www.gstc.com.au/progress.aspx

I thought that with this GSTC on planning, the properties price around will increase or might as well already increased when i bought cause this GSTC plan have been going for years.

Back