All aboard for the easy yards

Well, the time is upon us......the hard yards of setting up a property portfolio are behind us, and the wife and I shall this afternoon be stepping aboard a large ocean liner for our very first cruise. We are, to say the least, a tad excited.

Two weeks of sheer bliss, plenty of gym work, plenty of good food and cocktails and very little worrying about the portfolio which is sort of on auto pilot nowadays.

We expect that most of the guests on board will be alot older than us, but we thought it's about time we opened up the purse strings and spent a bit of that moolah that the portfolio has generated.

Dunno if I'll be able to view SS whilst onboard, hope so, or else it'll be down to bingo and shuttleboard games.

Bon voyage....:)

Daz

You've certainly put in the hard yards - now it's time to enjoy!! Hope you and Mrs Daz have an absolutely wonderful time!! Bon Voyage!

Cheers
LynnH

Hope you packed your kaftan, Dazz - it'll be just perfect if you're invited to the Captain's table for dinner. :D

Have an awesome trip.

Was this leaving from Freo tonight?

Can't be Kevin Youngs group, their shindig is over

Few oldies we know are on the trip if it was leaving from Freo; However, if departing from BrisVegas (you were over that way recently were you not)..then dunno anyone :D

Either way- Good on you both and hope you have a Ball

Say hello to Captain Stubbings and Isaac the bartender, and Julie the purser and Yeoman Gopher and the doctor and .....
And while you're at it, tell the doc that we weren't fooled by all that "womanising" - it's time to get OUT OF THE CLOSET! :D

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

Hey - this cruising lifestyle is great stuff indeed. Everyone makes a big fuss over most things and everyone is pretty relaxed.

It's fantastic sitting down with complete strangers (mostly the +60 brigade), as the wife and I usually get on famously with elderly folk. Striking up conversations at random certainly leads to some very interesting stories.

Yes Redwing, it was the one leaving Freo.....we've been going since Tuesday night and have just crossed the equator about an hour ago. It's in protected waters, so very smooth sailing at present.

I can highly recommend these cruises compared to bashing away at a job. There's some old dears on here that do nothing else but cruise away and and soon as they get back to port they book themselves on again !!!!

The entertainment has been first class, along with the food....SO MUCH food everywhere. It takes great restraint and personal discipline not to put on weight.

Just got off the email system, no big dramas re: the properties have occurred since we left so that's a weight off our shoulders. We were waiting on a reply from one of our residential tenants. Their Lease was coming up for renewal and we'd jacked the rent up on them from $ 520 p.w. up to $ 750 p.w. Fortunately they said they wished to stay so that's the second house to eventually go cash flow positive at last. That one only took 9 years to achieve.

All the other tenants have pre-paid their rents for the month of May, so the wife and I can confidently goof off for the next week or two hobknobbing it with the toffs.

What's the best bit ?? By far and away having full linen service for brekky / lunch and dinner and then not having to do any of the dishes !!! Having a massage with hot oil in the afternoon by a trained massuese just prior to partaking in a traditonal Devonshire tea comes close but.

Anyway, at $ 25 / hour to be on the internet, I better choof off. (My Scroogy habits developed over 15 years don't extend that far !!!) Hoo-roo. :)

I was thinking of you the other night, Dazzling, when I was watching a doco on Discovery Channel about building the "Freedom of the Seas". It was so interesting how they build one of those monsters!

One of the particularly interesting aspects was the cabins. They're made as a module off-site, and shipped to the dry dock as kind of like a shipping container-sized module, with plumbing, electrical, furniture, everything pre-installed. Then they slot each cabin into the hull as a unit, hundreds per day. Amazing!

Back